The first online skill acquisition/trainings organised by the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ), Lagos State Chapter, has just ended successfully.
Over 100 female Journalists have benefited from the two weeks virtual trainings which commenced on Monday July 13, 2020 through Saturday July 25, 2020.
It featured different categories of trainings such as: Tying of Gele, Make-up, production of hair fascinator, turban making, nose masks, hair piece, hair bonnet and beads making.
The association saw a need and decided to help members to cushion the effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic on their financial status.
Each category featured over 20 participants in order to allow room for better learning and practice.
Chairperson, Lagos NAWOJ, Comrade Adeola Ekine in her address explained the need for women journalists to learn a skill in order to cushion the effect of COVID-19 pandemic.
Ekine said the training became necessary since the Covid-19 Pandemic has led to downsizing of Journalists and irregular payment of salaries and allowances.
She said it is quite important that women engage in empowerment programmes like these, for the benefit of all.
Also, she advised the participants to leverage on these opportunities for personal development.
During one of the sessions, the creative director of Beadall Version Mrs. Toyin Yusuff described beading as the craft of stringing beads together to make jewelry or other decorative items.
Enumerating the benefits of beading, she said it helps both children and adults to improve motor/cognitive skills and minimises stress.
As a way of encouraging the Journalists, the creative director of Neatbuttons, Mrs. Fagbenro Oluwatosin and the creative director, Mo’ Bellezza, Mrs. Tolani Adekunle recommended two of the Journalists for two weeks free advanced trainings in their offices.
The Chairperson, Adeola Ekine explained that members should be prepared for phase two of the training/empowerment program coming up soon.
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries