**Govt to construct drainage, as bridge not destroyed by flood
The Ogun State Government, under the leadership of Prince Dapo Abiodun, is looking at the possibility of providing durable drainage by extending the ongoing construction work on the Panseke-Adigbe Road in Abeokuta, to reach the popular Opako Bridge along Obada Road.
This is in order to put a permanent stop to the perennial destruction of the retaining walls on the busy bridge, due to the lack of proper drainage.
The original Panseke-Adigbe Road project contract started but abandoned by the immediate past government was 500-metre short, with the intent to stop the new road around Alowonle area.
However, in a swift reaction, the current Administration of Governor Abiodun is working with contractors handling the ongoing project towards extending drainage to the bridge, so that there will be proper flow and channeling of water, especially during the rains which have currently destroyed the approach to the bridge, even as the bridge itself remains intact.
As at Saturday afternoon, engineers were at the bridge with excavators to put washed off materials back in place so that the road may become motorable, pending the time when drainage work must have reached the site.
The State Government pleads with road users and residents to cooperate with engineers on site, while they carry out their duties in reasonable time.
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries