Participants From the 41st National Council on Establishment Visit Mount Ned Nwoko, commends and explains Economic Importance Of Facility and it’s relevance to Promoting Preservation of Cultural Heritage.
As part of events lined up by the Federal Head of Service to mark its 41st Council on establishments Participants from the said council which is currently ongoing in Asaba, the Delta State Capital today paid a visit to the Mount Ned Nwoko Resort and Tourism Center.
The team led by Mrs. Ajani Magdalene who doubles as Permanent Secretary service Policies and Strategic office from the office of the Head of Service Of the Federation, as well as the Chairman of the Ministerial session of the ongoing National council of Establishments was received by the Executive Manager Mount Ned Nwoko Resort Mrs Lauretta Ulumma who took the delegates on a tour of the facility. The Chairman of the Council Mrs Ajani expressed awe at the construction as well as the conceptualisation of the resort. Speaking with members of the press shortly after the tour she revealed “This is a beautiful resort that is environmental and cultural base and to have it tucked away in Idumuje Ugboko in Aniocha North is a beautiful one, am from Delta State and never knew about this place, it keeps and preserves our culture. It will impact not just the community but the state and the country. The construction is done using our local materials making the place cool even without AC’s, as a state we need to make sure this
Facility becomes a fund generating location with the ongoing construction of the Sports University it will keep the youths busy in a positive direction and impact sporting activities in our educational sector” Mrs Ajani further expressed her desire to see a partnership between the State and Federal Governments with the proprietor of the resort in order to enhance Private Sector Government Partnership.
Others who were in attendance described the resort as an edifice worth visiting over and over again as it helps keep people in tune with their culture and religion. Also addressing the media was Abubakar Bubar Mar’aji a member of the delegation from Kogi State who expressed satisfaction with the peaceful co-existence between the locals and other tribes resident here this he said was eminent as he witnessed a large number of tribes resident in the resort some of whom were Igala’s as he had the opportunity of talking with them and hearing their experiences living in Idumuje-Ugboko he also commended the proprietor Prince Ned Nwoko for fusing different religions and people in the setup of the resort. “We had a good understanding of receiving visitors both as Christians and as Muslims, I am particularly amazed at the wide expanse of land made available for the project. I wish to express my fears of it been developed by just one person and call for a partnership that will allow an AGR pursuit development in the country and beyond to boost the Tourist dream of the proprietor. The view from the Tower is remarkable the view is still fresh in my mind, although it reminds me of the story in both the bible and Quran about the ordeal between Moses and Pharoah of which Pharoah the Egyptian king is not portrayed in a good light am happy to know it has no relevance here”
The delegation saw Permanent Secretaries from the 36 states of the country in attendance who made a firm resolve to fight for the advancement of cultural heritage in the country at the Ministerial Session holding on the 7th of November, 2019.
Cover Of The Week
- European Investment Bank and UNICEF partner to help improve access to quality education and protect children from climate change January 27, 2020
- Handover ceremony of Japanese-Funded project “The Project for Improvement for the Educational Environment at Manhanga Primary School in Kariba District” January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks in recovery mode with Sydney looming January 27, 2020
- The U.S. Government and Federal Government of Somalia announce a New Effort to Promote Youth Workforce Development January 27, 2020
- The East African Community (EAC) - Business and Investment Forum – 12-13 March 2020, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania January 27, 2020
- Global Actors gather to forge a common front against Illicit Trade January 27, 2020
- United Nations (UN) Report Urges Accountability for Libya Airstrike Deaths January 27, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea joins support to Saudi Arabia’s readiness to react to Coronavirus’ impact on oil market January 27, 2020
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) Statement on continued violations of arms embargo in Libya January 27, 2020
- Rugby Union returns to Nigerian National Sports Festival January 27, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria