In continuation of its scholarship initiative, the Peter Nwomeh Foundation (PNF) has announced the award of full scholarships to five undergraduates for a period of five full years starting from the current 2018/2019 academic session.
The beneficiariees, known as PNF Scholars, are expected to maintain a minimum academic performance of 3.5/5.0 culmulative grade point average (CGPA) to keep the scholarship.
At the award presentation recently at the the Nwomeh family compound in Ozalla, the Trustee and Chairman of the Scholarship Committee, Pharm. Cyril Aninwike said the scholarship initiative reflects the vision and commitment of the Foundation to elevate the standards of education and remove the barrier of poverty in achieving high education.”
He said that all the applicants passed through a rigorous screening exercise, stressing that they èmerged on merit. Aninwike pointed out that the most important criteria for winning the scholarship are academic excellence and need, describing the successful candidates as brilliant, hardworking, self-motivated and determined to succeed in life.
In his statement, the President of PFN, Prof. Ben Nwomeh thanked the scholarship committee for upholding integrity and merit in their assignment. He also
commended the Trustees and other donors for their continuous generosity, describing them as the livewire of the Foundation.
Prof. Nwomeh also announced that an affiliate entity, PNF USA has been established as a charitable organization with tax exempt status, under section 501 (C) 3 of the IRS code, to enable it raise funds in the US.
Prof. Nwomeh gave the assurance of continued integrity, consistency and probity
The 5 new scholars are:
Patricia Ugwu, 200 level, Foreign Languages and Literature, University of Port Harcourt; Chidera Jennifer Aninweke, 100 level, Economics, University of Calabar; Esther Makuochukwu Nwaneche, 100 level, Pharmacy, Enugu State University of Science and Technology; Malachi Ebuka Nwachukwu, 200 level, Chemistry Education, University of Nigeria, Ishi-Ozalla and Chinanuekpere Deborah Okoye, a 200 level, Radiography, Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
Members of the PNF Scholarship Committee are:
Pharm. Cyril Aninwike (Chair) Mrs. Angela Oguh (Secretary), Arc. Dr. A/Prof. Augustine Nwagbara, Engr. Chinweuba Udeh, Ichie Ifeanyi Cammy Onyia and Dan Nwomeh.
The Peter Nwomeh Foundation was established on December 26, 2014 to champion and promote education in Ozalla and beyond. The Trustees of PNF (Nigeria) are: Prof. Ben Nwomeh (President), Dan Nwomeh (Secretary), Mrs. Angela Oguh, Dr. Ijeoma Chukwu, Edward Nwomeh, B. C. Ugwu, Valentine Onyia and Pharm. Cyril Aninwike.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS