33-year-old Suleman Hashimu who got on a solo trek from Lagos to Abuja after vowing to do so if retired General Muhammadu Buhari wins the presidential elections, is now in Abuja, the capital city of Nigeria.
He was received by the emir of Zuba, the Agora of Zuba, in Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Alhaji Mohammed Bello.
Lagos to Abuja is 746.5km, which is 9 hours 2 minutes drive.
A medical team was on stand-by to receive him, even though he is still in good shape.
Below are pictures of crowd welcoming him:
Two years ago, Hasheem said, he made a promise to trek from Lagos to Abuja if Buhari wins the then-upcoming election, saying the purpose of terminating his journey in Abuja is where he thinks he could see the retired General and congratulate him.
Hasheem, who grew up in Osun and Lagos, now lives in Ibadan where he is working with a construction company. Hasheem said that his decision to embark on the mission was borne out of happiness he feels for General Muhammadu Buhari becoming a leader for the masses.
He said in Bida four days ago that after 13 days of trekking, he had so far worn-out five pairs of shoes with a new pair just bought for him by a Good Samaritan. He showed Weekly Trust the blisters on his feet, which made him pass two days in Bida, so as to treat himself.
Hasheem said before embarking on his mission, he ensured that he was financially equipped but to his amazement, up to the time he arrived Bida, he did not have to spend a single kobo from his pocket because of kind, generous receptions he has been receiving.
RTEAN Dissolves Lagos Executives, Sets Up Caretaker Committee
FBNQuest Trustees Marks 40th Anniversary of preserving legacies in Nigeria
IWS offers free medical ,donate Clothes,Food stuffs in Lagos community
The Bisi Fayemi You Have Not Met- By Mary Oso-Omotoso
DEJI OWOYELE “THE BRIDGE BUILDER” @ 40
Cover Of The Week
- G5 Sahel heads of State throw their weight behind African Development Bank initiative Desert to power September 15, 2019
- African Development Bank launches US$ 2 billion 1.625% Global Benchmark due 16 September 2022 September 13, 2019
- Innovative thinking marks African Development Bank’s Africa jobs manifesto September 13, 2019
- Humanitarian Assistance provided to Vulnerable Communities affected by floods in Niger September 13, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 13, 2019
- Belgian-Backed Labour Migration Initiative boosts Employability of Tunisian Youth September 13, 2019
- Kingdom of Morocco wins High-Level Vote to host next World Tourism Organization General Assembly in 2021 September 13, 2019
- Appeal launched for Humanitarian Response to Cyclone Devastation in Mozambique September 13, 2019
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) supports LNG Importation and Distribution in Guinea September 13, 2019
- Malaria vaccine launched in Kenya: Kenya joins Ghana and Malawi to roll out landmark vaccine in pilot introduction September 13, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS