The Zone 2 Police Command in Lagos on Sunday declared 10 suspected bankers wanted over alleged N125.1 million scam.
Investigation conducted by the News Agency of Nigeria revealed that the names and photographs of the suspects were already pasted on the command’s notice board.
The command’s spokesman, CSP Gbenga Adeoye, who confirmed this to NAN in Lagos, said it was normal for the police to declare wanted anybody suspected of crime.
Adeoye said: “It is normal for the police to declare wanted anybody who refused to make himself available after committing crimes such as fraud, jump bail or murder.
“When we declare anybody wanted, the photograph, names and contact address of the suspected fellow will be pasted in the police formation for easy identification of his or her arrest.”
According to Adeoye, the suspects, now at large, were being investigated over alleged forgery and obtaining money by false pretence.
He said: “A warrant of arrest has been duly obtained from a Magistrates’ Court in Lagos state against the suspected fraudsters.
NAN gathered that the suspects conspired with others to obtain financial facilities of N15,055,541; N10,894,478 and N24,597,628.
Other amounts were N9,983,195; N11,114,992; N12,231,958; N8,663,833; N10,827,561; N5,657,937N15,054,383 respectively, from a Bank.
The suspected bankers are between the ages of 34 and 48.
Source : www.theeagleonline.com.ng
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi