More trouble for Senator Dino Melaye as the Police on Wednesday denied the Senate leadership from visiting him in the National Hospital, Abuja.
Melaye, who was moved to the National Hospital from Zankili Hospital, also in Abuja, sustained injuries from his attempt to escape from policemen taking him to Lokoja in Kogi State by jumping out of the vehicle in which he was being taken.
Shortly after he was moved to the National Hospital, Melaye was put in handcuff.
On Wednesday morning, a high powered delegation sent by the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, was prevented from seeing Melaye.
The delegation was led by the Deputy Senate Leader, Senator Ibn Bala Na’Allah, and also had Senators Emmanuel Betcha and Francis Alimikhena.
The Deputy Chief of Staff to the Senate President, Gbenga Makanjuola, was also in the delegation.
However, the delegation was prevented from seeing Melaye
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries