Connect with us

Uncategorized

Presidency Shed More Light On, Inauguration, Tinubu’s Relationship With Buhari

Published

on

Presidency Shed More Light On, Inauguration, Tinubu's Relationship With Buhari

Presidency Shed More Light On, Inauguration, Tinubu’s Relationship With Buhari

 

 

Nigeria’s presidency, on Wednesday, said a ‘perfect’ arrangement had been put in place to ensure a seamless handover ceremony for the incoming Bola Tinubu’s administration, assuring that the embarrassing moments that allegedly trailed the Goodluck Jonathan government on the day he exited office would not happen.

 

 

 

 

Speaking on the state-run Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mr Shehu Garba, said Tinubu and his deputy, Kashim Shettima, had 60 per cent of the total invited guests.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Specifically recalling the alleged embarrassment at the airport in 2015, when then outgoing president Goodluck Jonathan, was reportedly disallowed from taking the presidential wing while exiting to Bayelsa, Garba also noted that whereas he got handwritten notes from his predecessor, it would not be the case this time as Buhari had signed an executive order which would expressly ensure a smooth transition.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“When former President Jonathan handed over to President Buhari at the Eagle Square on May 29, 2015, there were very embarrassing moments that followed reportedly. In fact, the former president trended at some point because the story was told that by the time he got to the airport, security operatives will not allow him the use of the presidential wing of the airport, and all of that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, all of these things have been foreseen. So, you would expect a perfect process of exit and incoming processes involving the two leaders, that is the outgoing president and the incumbent president,” he stated.

 

 

 

 

 

Garba also stated that the State House has now been emptied for the incoming president to bring in his own employees, especially political appointees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On why Tinubu and Shettima were getting their national honours on Thursday, days before the inauguration, against the tradition of giving them out on the day of inauguration, Shehu stated that the committee set up by the president had visited Kenya and the United States to learn how the handover could be better done.

 

 

 

According to him, just 40 per cent of expected guests were invited by the federal government, including foreign missions, explaining that there was ‘massive interest’ by people who wanted to be present.

 

 

He noted that people who thought they played one part or another in the process leading to the handover would also want to be there, disclosing that the presidency was expecting ‘a huge crowd full of enthusiastic and very keen people.’

Asked to elaborate on what he meant by the State House being ‘emptied’, the president’s aide noted that Buhari has since quit the main building at the state House for the smaller ‘glass house’ in preparation for May 29.

According to him, the incoming president will make the choice who to go into the State House with him, including his personal staff, but recalled that aside from himself, Femi Adesina and a protocol member of staff, Buhari did not make any major appointments until the third day.

On whether any staff of the Buhari administration had already started switching allegiance to the incoming president, Shehu argued that it was the nature of humans to do so, but noted that Jonathan’s case was more pronounced because many of his aides were angry with him for deciding to handover power peacefully when he lost the 2015 presidential poll.

“You can’t change human beings. So, the man of the moment obviously is the incoming president. So, you will expect people, who will come around him, but I think the case of Jonathan was different, because I think again, there was desertion by a number of people around him who felt disappointed that he chose to be patriotic, nationalistic and accepted defeat.

“And quite a number of people, who were within his camp were not happy with that. So, yes, there was a desertion, but I think in the case of President Muhammadu Buhari, the Villa had never been like the party headquarters for him in the last eight years

“Visitors come, but there has been some decency in all of these things. And I don’t think that we’re witnessing any spectacular desertion of the place,” he added.

He stressed that the relationship between Tinubu and Buhari remained cordial, noting that the president-elect had once thanked Buhari for being neutral and allowing him win the poll.

“It’s going to be a perfect relationship, because it is going to be the same government although different administrations. He’s APC. When he (Tinubu) took his certificate from INEC, the first thing he did was that he flew to Daura and showed it to the president.

“The incoming president never gets tired of saying that the president allowed him to win. It is very significant. He allowed him to win in a free and fair process,” he stressed.

Uncategorized

Derek Ajibola returns with new single ‘Plenty’

Published

on

Derek Ajibola returns with new single 'Plenty'

Derek Ajibola returns with new single ‘Plenty’

 

 

 

 

Afrobeat sensation, Derek Ajibola has returned with his latest single, “PLENTY,” a captivating track that celebrates the allure and splendor of womanhood.

 

Derek Ajibola returns with new single 'Plenty'

“PLENTY” is a testament to Ajibola’s artistry and his ability to craft music that resonates deeply with listeners, delivering an irresistible fusion of vibrant rhythms and heartfelt lyrics.

 

 

 

Now available on all major digital streaming platforms, “PLENTY” invites audiences to immerse themselves in its infectious melodies and uplifting messages.

 

 

“Whether you’re a fan of Afrobeats or simply appreciate great music, this song is bound to leave you captivated and wanting more,” Ajibola boasted.

 

 

“PLENTY”: A NEW MUSICAL MAGIC BY DEREK

Continue Reading

news

WE HAVE NO ALLEGATION OF FRAUD AGAINST EX- COMMISSIONER, OTHERS, OGUN ASSEMBLY CLARIFIES INVITATION

Published

on

WE HAVE NO ALLEGATION OF FRAUD AGAINST EX- COMMISSIONER, OTHERS, OGUN ASSEMBLY CLARIFIES INVITATION

WE HAVE NO ALLEGATION OF FRAUD AGAINST EX- COMMISSIONER, OTHERS, OGUN ASSEMBLY CLARIFIES INVITATION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sahara Weekly Reports That Ogun State House of Assembly Committee on Public Accounts and Anti-Corruption, led by Hon. Damilare Bello today continues with its sittings with a clarification that the invitation extended to the former Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Abdul-Waheed Odusile and the SSA to the Governor on Media, Emmanuel Ojo was not an indictment but rather to seek clarifications on the audit report of the Ministry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WE HAVE NO ALLEGATION OF FRAUD AGAINST EX- COMMISSIONER, OTHERS, OGUN ASSEMBLY CLARIFIES INVITATION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hon. Bello issued the clarification today during the Committee’s meeting with the officials of the State Hospitals Management Board at the Assembly Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Committee Chairman in company of other members including Honourables Musefiu Lamidi, Dickson Awolaja, Wahab Haruna, Yusuf Amosun, Folawewo Salami, Lawal Samsideen and Waliu Owode noted that the sitting was not meant to witch- hunt but to put the various Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government on their toes in the prudent management of government resources.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He recalled that at the last sitting of the Committee, there was a misinformation in some sections of the media insinuating fraudulent practices, cautioning that the Committee had not indicted anyone but merely considering issues raised in the audit reports with a view to addressing them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He stated, “on Monday at our last sitting, there was a misinformation that this Honourable House has indicted the ex- Commissioner and the SSA (Media), we have not indicted anyone. We have only used the media to invite them for clarification on the Auditor General reports in line with our constitutional responsibilities.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is important to note that the this House has no reason to witch-hunt anyone. We are only making sure the people see our Governor working alongside with the legislators with the right procedure to achieve all the Government lofty policies and programmes”, he stated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He urged the public to disregard the scandal rumour, saying not everything found on the media space might be the right picture of things coming from the Assembly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He called on Heads of MDAs to work together with the Assembly in blocking all leakages and help promote accountability and transparency in the running of government in the State.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Aare Kakanfo Reveals Why Nigerians Should Be Patient With Tinubu

Published

on

Aare Kakanfo Reveals Why Nigerians Should Be Patient With Tinubu

Aare Kakanfo Reveals Why Nigerians Should Be Patient With Tinubu

 

 

Amid the successive protests staged in different parts of the country over the current economic hardship gripping Nigerians, an advocate of Yoruba self-preservation and development, Aare Kurunmi Kakanfo, has called for calm.

 

 

He stated that President Bola Tinubu’s administration inherited an empty treasury when it took over power last year.

Some irate Nigerian youths gathered in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Monday to protest the skyrocketing price of food and economic woes afflicting the country under Tinubu’s watch.

 

 

Aare Kakanfo Reveals Why Nigerians Should Be Patient With Tinubu

The protesters, in the Mokola area of the state capital, reportedly wielded placards with various inscriptions such as ‘End food hike and inflation,’ ‘The poor are starving,’ and ‘Tinubu, don’t forget your promises,’ among others.

In a reactionary post he made on his verified X handle on Sunday night, the Yoruba agitator claimed that it was the cluelessness and bad mismanagement of Tinubu’s predecessor that led the country into economic comatose. He said, “Nigerian politics is not ordinary but vicious ethnic war games on a sophisticated level. It is winner takes all, no middle ground.

For eight years, Buhari and his CPC Islamic conservative bloc ruled Nigeria with Feudalism, and the country spiraled into economic comatose. Emefiele, another PDP opportunist, turned the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) into his pot of soup, dishing out dollars to his cronies.

Despite the failure of Buhari, the Islamic and political elites in the core North deemed it Haram for Muslims to protest.

As soon as Tinubu became the president, social media accounts and personalities that defended the failures of Buhari started attacking Tinubu, finding their voices again. “Suddenly protests were no longer HARAM? Allahu Akbar! This is why we need to understand power games and be careful so that we don’t fall into the traps of our mortal political enemies—the Zikists of the East, spreading fake news and fake videos to create anarchy in Yorubaland. Without the South-west, no protests can be successful in Nigeria.

Tinubu inherited an empty treasury and faced a hostile ruling elite ready to sponsor violence against him to destroy his government. Since 1949, Pa Awolowo has been advising Nigeria to have regional/state police, fundamental for security in any federal political arrangement. Tinubu is the only president since the amalgamation of Nigeria that has given full support for State police. The reforms are painful but will surely yield positive results.

Let us be patient; Nigeria will be led into a golden age by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” he stated.

Continue Reading

Trending