YABATECH: PRESIDENTIAL VISITATION PANEL LAUDS YABATECH
SaharaWeeklyNG The Chairman of the 2021 Presidential Panel to Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech), Dr. Amina Shamaki who recently concluded their assignment eulogized Management, Staff, and Students for the cooperation rendered to the Panel during its over one month stay in the College.
The Purpose of the Visitation exercise was to review the performance of the institution in the area of governance, academic standards, management of finances, quality assurance, the relationship between management, on one hand, staff and students on the other hand, and the condition of physical infrastructure as well as facilities in every five years.
Earlier on, during the welcome address of the Rector of the institution, Engr. Obafemi Omokungbe to the Visitation Panel on Monday, May 17, 2021, said that the College is honoured to have such a composition of experienced renowned men and women of high integrity on the Panel.
“We believe that the submission of this distinguished Panel will further reinforce our strong points, redirect our weak steps towards improved effectiveness and efficiency, also lifts our institution to greater heights. We hope that the Panel will assess our progress and development as well as the challenges with the view to further enhance teaching, learning, and research, and also proffers a clear and purposeful direction for the College and the Polytechnic System in general”
Omokungbe thanked President Muhammadu Buhari and Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu for the constitution and approval of the Panel with the view of improving and providing a purposeful educational system.
He assured the Panel that the College has put in place all necessary logistics that will make them succeed, and thereby promised them maximum support and cooperation.
Shamakhi praised the College Management for openness and hospitality, and the cooperation of the College made the panel work less stressful and enjoyable. She disclosed that there is a lot of improvement compared to the report of the previous Presidential Visitation Panel.
“It has been a good stay in Yabatech, we hope to come again, because Yabatech has become part of us, and we cherished the way you accepted us, love us, and took very good care of us.” She hinted.
During the course of their stay in the institution, the visitation panel paid courtesy visits to the following key stakeholders of Yabatech in Lagos for familiarization: Oba of Igbobi Sabe, Oba Owolabi Adeyemi Adeniyi,
The Chairman, Yaba Local Council Development Area (LCDA), Hon. (Dr.) Kayode Adejare Omiyale, Department of State Services (DSS) Lagos Command headed by the Director, S.M. Waziri, Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Osuolale Akinolu, and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Olusegun Odumosu.
The Panel commended Yabatech for a job well done, but they did not shy away from notifying the College of the areas of challenges upon which the institution must improve upon. Other members of the Panel include Prof. Ahmed Bakori, Prof. Jackson Olujide, Mr Adegboyega Adebajo, Arc. Ere Efeke, Mr. Nadani Usman, and the Secretary Mrs. K.A.A. Liman.
Cover Of The Week
- ECOWAS Commission Organizes Technical Committee Meeting on ECOWAS Single Currency Programme December 4, 2021
- Joint Statement: Morocco, Switzerland Intend to Strengthen their Cooperation in all Areas of Common Interest December 4, 2021
- World Soil Day: FAO Highlights the Threat of Soil Salinization to Global Food Security December 4, 2021
- UNESCO and Premium Times Centre train Gambian youth leaders on Media and Information Literacy (MIL) December 4, 2021
- Osun State Adopts Integrated Strategies, Targets Over Two Million Residents for COVID-19 Vaccination December 4, 2021
- 2021 African Economic Conference (AEC): Experts call for African Crypto Currency, Integrated Capital Market to Ease Business Costs December 4, 2021
- Southern Africa Set for Economic Rebound, but Impact of Covid-19 Lingers December 4, 2021
- United States Government Funds Nine Social and Economic Small Grants across Malawi December 3, 2021
- DRC-Uganda: Civilians must be protected during joint military operations December 3, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber welcomes the ruling for Shell to proceed with its seismic surveys of the Eastern Cape December 3, 2021
Entertainment7 months ago
NOLLYWOOD STAR, ADEOLA ADELOWOTAN DENIES MARRIAGE BREAK-UP
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
500m women, girls lack adequate facilities for menstrual hygiene management globally – Foundation
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Faces at King Brutus’ Birthday, House Warming Ceremony in Johannesburg.
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Nnamdi Kanu Fires Buhari Again Over Threat