Internationally acclaimed prophet, T.B Joshua has maintained his role as spiritual father of all Nations by refusing to be dragged as pastor to just either APC or PDP alone.
A video has surfaced of Pastor T.B. Joshua speaking briefly about the upcoming Nigeria elections, insisting that pastors should not take sides.
During Joshua’s ministration in his church last month, a lady, whom he had prophesied to regarding a marital challenge, stated that her husband was supposed to be a governorship flag bearer for Nigeria’s ruling party in the upcoming elections.
“Madam, you are bringing the issue of politics to the church,” Joshua immediately interjected. “There is nothing bad about politics but we should not allow it to infiltrate Christianity,” he continued, drawing applause from the crowd.
The cleric then publicly addressed the current political imbroglio affecting many pastors. “My members – whatever political party you belong – let it be from your heart,” he counseled. “I should not allow it to infiltrate the ministry. I pray for all of you. I love all of you. Are you PDP? Are you APC? Are you Labour? You are my people.”
He continued, “The nature of our job does not permit us to take sides; we should pray for everyone and let God be the final. After you have done the job, God will still mark it; you should allow God to mark it.”
Joshua’s statement stands in contrast to the position of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) as recent reports suggest they have chosen to endorse ruling President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term.
Cover Of The Week
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
- African Development Bank and African Union to roll-out a continent-wide electricity market Masterplan December 12, 2019
- Powell keeps the faith as Blitzboks gear up for Cape Town December 12, 2019
- Malware variety grows by 13.7% in 2019 due to web skimmers December 12, 2019
- Give Them a Gift That Will Make Them Smarter This Christmas! December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .