A civil society organisation, the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the immediate past overnment of Lagos state which was headed by former Gov. Raji Fashola instead of elevating him to serve in his cabinet.
The group made their position known in the letter titled: ‘Prosecute Mr. Babatunde Fashola; Don’t Elevate Him – An Appeal For President To Prevail On Anti-corruption Agencies To Do The Needful On Our Evidence-based Petitions’, and signed by the group’s executive chairman, Debo Adeniran.
The letter reads thus: “Your Excellency Sir, it’s gratifying that you have promised at various fora that, having recognised the need to ensure that square pegs are put in square holes, your appointments were going to be purely on merit and that tested technocrats, with impeccable records, would be given their rightful places in your administration, as a way of ensuring good governance to the people of Nigeria.
It is against this background that our organisation is appealing to you to please take the pains to dig deep into Mr. Babatunde Fashola’s record of overall performance as well as that of financial propriety on the part of his government while in office.”
The group equally urged President Buhari to compel othe Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) to act on the several petitions sent to them against governor Fashola
Cover Of The Week
- Ringier Africa Digital Publishing (RADP) unifies all its brands under the company name PULSE February 21, 2020
- In 12 months, Sahel violence displaces more than 700,000 in Burkina Faso February 21, 2020
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo February 21, 2020
- Prosperity Fund’s Future Cities Programme launches in South Africa February 21, 2020
- “Our goal is to surpass developed countries,” African Development Bank VP tells fourth industrial revolution forum February 21, 2020
- Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari to visit Tanzania and Mozambique February 21, 2020
- Presentation cocktail of the Bordeaux Summit - 18th February, 2020 February 21, 2020
- Polio-Nigeria leaves no stone unturned, targets over 55 million children in house-to-house nationwide campaign February 21, 2020
- Remarks by Ambassador Kyle McCarter at Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) Preliminary Results Launch Celebration February 21, 2020
- 2.9 million people, including 1.6 million children, affected by one or more of humanitarian crises in Niger February 20, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship