There was tension in Arepo, in the Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State on Wednesday after some naval officers allegedly killed three residents.
The victims, identified as Biodun Mohammed, Chicago and Body, were said to have been rounded up on Sunday at a beer parlour in the area. The men were said to have been taken away and shot dead.
Family members and friends of the victims, who found their corpses on Wednesday, blocked the only entrance into the Arepo community, preventing vehicular movements in and out.
The situation created traffic jam on the road, which spilled onto the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
When Punch Metro visited the scene of the alleged execution in Voera Estate, it was observed that the corpses had become bloated just as stench pervaded the air.
While two of the men were taken across a wooden bridge into the creek where they were shot, the last corpse was found inside a bush where flies were feasting on it.
As of 4pm on Wednesday, policemen from the Ibafo division had surrounded the place and stopped people from coming to gaze at the corpses.
It was learnt that 24-year-old Mohammed, an indigene of Ogun State, resided in Sagamu, Ogun State.
His widow, Motunrayo, said she confronted the military officers when they arrested her husband on Sunday.
She said, “On Sunday around 7pm, the military officers numbering about seven came to the restaurant where my husband was with a friend. I can identify two of them as Jason and Ola. I asked them what his offence was, but Jason asked me to keep quiet.
“He pointed a gun at me and threatened to shoot me dead if I moved closer. He did not allow my husband or his friend to utter a word. They took them away.
“I went to report at the soldiers’ base in Ebute and they said they were not holding my husband. But this morning, some landlords in Voera Estate, where he was killed, came to inform me that they had found his corpse in the bush.”
Cover Of The Week
- WHO Builds trust for COVID-19 Vaccination and Addresses Hesitancy in West Nile Sub Region April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- UN-Habitat and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) partner in cash transfer initiative to cushion Kismayo residents from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (13 April 2021) April 14, 2021
Politics5 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion4 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics5 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?