QHEMMY, one of Nigeria’s most versatile gospel artistes who has made music with big names in both the secular and gospel industry, has released a new hit single titled “Doors of Mercy” – a four-minute prayer song that is already trending on social media.
According to Qhemmy (full name Oluwakemi Onasanya) “Doors of Mercy” is a contemporary cover for a 70-year old church hymn I used to sing as a child. It was inspired by the suffering and fear that COVID-19 has unleashed upon people across Nigeria and the entire world.
“But my new song, the lyrics and gentle melody of which everyone can easily sing along with, is a collective call unto God Almighty not to forsake humanity in the throes of this pandemic. And I know that all those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Qhemmy’s “Doors of Mercy” – produced by a church label VilleMEDIA – is coming on the heels of “Oloore” (Benefactor) fourth single, which she released last year, bringing to five, the singles she has done in piecing together her maiden album slated for end 2020.
Based in Lagos, Qhemmy Onasanya is a performing Nigerian gospel artiste, song writer and a creative designer. She was born into a clergy family and started singing in church as a child; her Dad being a pianist and choirmaster.
She started her musical career professionally over 25 years ago. She has performed in and out of studio with notable Nigerian artistes like late Ras Kimono, Sunny Neji, Seyi Solagbade, Buchi, Alariwo, Toni Tetuila, Pasuma and Saheed Osupa.
As a worship and praise leader, she has helped produce choir albums in over 10 denominations, professionally. Her versatility covers every genre of music.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital