With the continuous increase in the rate of recovery from the dreaded Coronavirus, Nigeria appears to be winning the war against the pandemic that has wreaked havoc across the globe.
Data gathered from the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control by P+ Measurement Services in the month of August saw Nigeria recording a total of 22,073 recoveries, the highest since the first case was announced in the country, in February this year.
In all, a total 10,857 new cases, 22,073 recoveries and 134 deaths were recorded in the month of August, bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases in Nigeria to; 54,008 cases, 41638 recoveries and 1013 deaths as at 31st August, 2020.
P+ had reported a total of 17,457 cases, 9,819 recoveries and 289 deaths in the month of July.
Analysis from the data gathered from the NCDC shows that the highest number of recoveries were recorded during the week 1 of August, with a total of 13,072 infected patients being given a clean bill of health.
Meanwhile, the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwoolu has announced the resumption of tertiary institutions in the state from September 14, 2020. This was disclosed by the Governor during the regular briefing on the state’s COVID-19 status on Saturday, August 29, 2020.
The Governor further said that the state is working towards the possible reopening of primary and secondary schools on September 21, 2020. He said they are tentatively scheduled to reopen on September 21.
“This decision is not cast in stone and is subject to review of our ongoing modeling and what procedure comes out from the Ministry of Health.” He reiterated.
Sources: Ncdc.gov.ng & Nairametrics.com
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital