LAGOS, NIGERIA; JULY 16TH 2019 – One of Nigeria’s leading logistics Company, Red Star Express Plc has disclosed that its 26th Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on August 8th 2019, at the MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos. In view of this, Shareholders are requested to update their records with the Registrars to ensure accuracy before dividends are declared.
The AGM is expected to handle issues such as presentation of Audited Financial Statement for the year ended March 31st 2019, reports of the Directors, Auditors, and Audit Committee, declare dividend, and Elect members of the Audit Committee, amongst others.
The Group Managing Director, Mr Olusola Obabori, revealed that he is hopeful that this year’s AGM will turn out well with profit as the case has been in preceding years. “Last year, Group turnover rose from N7.3 billion in 2017 to N8.41 billion in 2018; similarly, it rose from N6.6 in 2016 billion to N7.3billion in 2017. We have always done better than our the preceding years. We are however hopeful that this year, we will record a higher turnover than last year. Red Star Express is committed to wealth for shareholders, and appreciates their support at all times. We look forward to a well-organized and successful AGM”.
According to Olufemi Oluwole, Red Star Express Corporate Communications Manager, “Red Star is committed to providing value added logistics solutions that will be secure, prompt and effective. Over the years, we have put in much effort to render quality services to our customers, and at the end the year too, we try to appreciate our stakeholders. This year is not an exception. We are officially announcing to the public, most especially our stakeholders that the company’s AGM will be coming up on August 8th, 2019, and that Shareholders should update their records with the Registrar.
“Also, in accordance with section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP 20 LFN 220, members can nominate another shareholder as a member of the Audit Committee, by giving notice in writing to such nomination to the Company Secretary at least 21 days before the Annual General Meeting. Also, some dividend warrants have remained unclaimed or are yet to be presented for payment or re-validation, and such affected shareholders are to contact the Registrar too”.
Red Star Freight is a subsidiary of Red Star Express. Red Star Express Plc is a Licensee of Federal Express (FedEx) Corporation, the world’s largest delivery solutions provider. The company has over 166 offices nationwide.
Billionaire Ned Nwoko Picks Award
COURT OF APPEAL VALIDATES DAPO ABIODUN’S VICTORY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Nigeria Prolific Actor, Film-Maker, TV Host Uzee Usman Marks Birthday Today (Photos)
In Niger: Government of Canada Demonstrates It’s Commitment To The Fight Against Polio And Strengthening Routine Immunizations
THE CHILDREN OF USMAN DAN FODIO AND THE MANIFESTATION OF THE FULANI EMPIRE
Cover Of The Week
- Craft, Create, Curate; Personalise and print from hundreds of designs with the Canon Creative Park app November 11, 2019
- 2019 African Investment Forum builds on 2018 successes, attracts growing international interest November 11, 2019
- Remembrance Day luncheon remembers service and sacrifice of Veterans in Ghana November 11, 2019
- 2019 Africa Visa Openness Index: African Union Commission, African Development Bank report shows wins in visa restrictions across Africa November 11, 2019
- Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour November 11, 2019
- GE Healthcare Launches Versana Premier and Versana Essential Ultrasound Machines to Drive Access to Affordable and Quality Healthcare in Uganda November 11, 2019
- United Nations officials welcome the signing of an Action Plan to fight sexual violence by the Congolese National Police November 11, 2019
- Black Stallions finished 8th as Kenya qualifies for Japan 2020 Olympics November 11, 2019
- 2019 Africa Investment Forum Kicks Off Delivering on the Promise to Redefine and Unpack the Continent’s Investment Opportunities November 11, 2019
- Leaving no girl behind: Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi, motivate girls to pursue sciences November 11, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today