LAGOS, NIGERIA; JULY 16TH 2019 – One of Nigeria’s leading logistics Company, Red Star Express Plc has disclosed that its 26th Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on August 8th 2019, at the MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos. In view of this, Shareholders are requested to update their records with the Registrars to ensure accuracy before dividends are declared.
The AGM is expected to handle issues such as presentation of Audited Financial Statement for the year ended March 31st 2019, reports of the Directors, Auditors, and Audit Committee, declare dividend, and Elect members of the Audit Committee, amongst others.
The Group Managing Director, Mr Olusola Obabori, revealed that he is hopeful that this year’s AGM will turn out well with profit as the case has been in preceding years. “Last year, Group turnover rose from N7.3 billion in 2017 to N8.41 billion in 2018; similarly, it rose from N6.6 in 2016 billion to N7.3billion in 2017. We have always done better than our the preceding years. We are however hopeful that this year, we will record a higher turnover than last year. Red Star Express is committed to wealth for shareholders, and appreciates their support at all times. We look forward to a well-organized and successful AGM”.
According to Olufemi Oluwole, Red Star Express Corporate Communications Manager, “Red Star is committed to providing value added logistics solutions that will be secure, prompt and effective. Over the years, we have put in much effort to render quality services to our customers, and at the end the year too, we try to appreciate our stakeholders. This year is not an exception. We are officially announcing to the public, most especially our stakeholders that the company’s AGM will be coming up on August 8th, 2019, and that Shareholders should update their records with the Registrar.
“Also, in accordance with section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAP 20 LFN 220, members can nominate another shareholder as a member of the Audit Committee, by giving notice in writing to such nomination to the Company Secretary at least 21 days before the Annual General Meeting. Also, some dividend warrants have remained unclaimed or are yet to be presented for payment or re-validation, and such affected shareholders are to contact the Registrar too”.
Red Star Freight is a subsidiary of Red Star Express. Red Star Express Plc is a Licensee of Federal Express (FedEx) Corporation, the world’s largest delivery solutions provider. The company has over 166 offices nationwide.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others