By Elvis Omoregie, Benin
House of Representatives member representing Egor and Ikpoba Okha Federal Constituency Hon. Jude Ise-Idehen has stressed the need for more investment in education as it remained the bedrock of any Nations development.
He made the remarked during an interactive session and essay writing competition with members of his constituency organized in his honor to marked 100 hundred days in office
According to him, no nation can strive without good education hence he decided to organize the town hall meeting to encourage the students on the importance of good education and also for feedback between him and the people of his constituency that will continue time to time.
The essay writing competition which was in different category made up of tertiary, secondary and primary had the topic religious tolerance a panacea to social development as winners were emerged with various prizes given to the winners.
Before announcing the results for the various categories the sponsor and member representing Egor and Ikpoba Okha Federal Constituency Jude Ise-Idehen admonished the students to be symbols of good character and morals to their parents and entire world.
Some leaders of the pdp who include pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu and barrister Oni edigin among others commended the national Assembly member for starting well.
They advised him to ensure he keep to his manifesto which borders on rescuing the people through empowering of youths and providing other social and economic amenities that will ameliorate the plight of the people.
They said despite being in tribunal for the better part of the days he was still able to come out with such initiative and expressed confidence that he will not disappoint the people of Egor and Ikpoba okha constituency.
Some of the members and the representatives of the NDLEA in their goodwill messages proffer suggestions and advise on how the legislator can move the constituency forward
appealed to him to also extend such initiative to enlightening students on the need to avoid using drugs.
Some of those that won the various prizes which include support for their various school fees laptops and welcome back to school bags among others thanked the lawmaker for the initiative as they say it will go a long way to assist their education pursuit
The town hall meeting and competition is expected be a continuous exercise.
Cover Of The Week
- True business resilience demands fresh perspectives and putting best practice top of mind (By Dr. Ibrahim Abduba) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (2nd June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (2 June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (153,325) deaths (4,356), and recoveries (64,793) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 Updates (Tuesday, 2nd June 2020, Time: 11:00) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Namibia: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks with President of Namibia Dr. Hage G. Geingob June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update, 1st June 2020 June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: COVID-19 ventilators provided to help Somalia fight pandemic June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Provincial Breakdown of Cases in South Africa (2nd June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Notification Note on COVID-19 Situational Update – 2nd June 2020 June 2, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news3 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award