Reps Deputy Minority Whip, Adekoya Abdel-Majid Adekoya Facilitates First Multimillion Cardio Thoracic Centre In Nigeria
…..Promises Fund More Projects For Benefits Of Mankind
By Solanke Ayomideji Taiwo
ABEOKUTA— The deputy minority whips, Federal House of Representatives, National Assemby Rt Hon. Adesegun Abdel-Majid Adekoya has facilitated the first of its kind, multimillion naira cardio thoracic centre in Federal Medical Center, Abeokuta Southwest.
The Cardiothoracic centre is the first in Nigeria and second in West African precisely.
Hon Adesegun Abdel-Majid Adekoya is representing the good people of Ijebu North, Ijebu East and Waterside at the green chambers, Federal House of Representatives, Abuja.
According to Prof Musa Olomu, Chief Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba Abeokuta, he said he approached Rt Hon Abdel-Majid Adekoya in his hometown and persuaded him to facilitate a cardio thoracic centre for the hospital which is one of the centre with no facilities in the hospital, he said Rt. Hon Adesegun Abdel-Majid Adekoya accepted to do something about it and some weeks later he called that the project has been approved and will kickstart with immediate effect.
Also speaking during the event was Prof Thomas who is the only Cardio Thoracic specialist in the whole southwest assured the hospital management of his dedication to train the staff of the hospital on how to operate the medical machines and accessories after completion of the multimillion naira project facilitate by the outstanding member of house of representative, Rt Hon Abdel-Majid Adekoya.
“Without mincing words, Rt Hon Adesegun Abdel-Majid Adekoya is a good man with selfless service to humanity, he facilitated this project in Abeokuta despite the fact that it is not his constituency, I must commend his gesture in rescuing Nigerians from cardio thoracic health challenges” he said.
Adekoya, while addressing the guest at the laying of foundation event of the cardio thoracic centre, assured the management staff of prompt funding of the project as he charged the Prof Musa Olumu, Chief Medical Director as the principal of the centre to monitor the contractor for excellent job in line with the requirement for the centre.
He also charged the member of staff to cooperate with Musa Olomu, Chief Medical Director towards smooth tenure and developmental stride for the benefits of the people.
Cover Of The Week
- ECOWAS Commission Organizes Technical Committee Meeting on ECOWAS Single Currency Programme December 4, 2021
- Joint Statement: Morocco, Switzerland Intend to Strengthen their Cooperation in all Areas of Common Interest December 4, 2021
- World Soil Day: FAO Highlights the Threat of Soil Salinization to Global Food Security December 4, 2021
- UNESCO and Premium Times Centre train Gambian youth leaders on Media and Information Literacy (MIL) December 4, 2021
- Osun State Adopts Integrated Strategies, Targets Over Two Million Residents for COVID-19 Vaccination December 4, 2021
- 2021 African Economic Conference (AEC): Experts call for African Crypto Currency, Integrated Capital Market to Ease Business Costs December 4, 2021
- Southern Africa Set for Economic Rebound, but Impact of Covid-19 Lingers December 4, 2021
- United States Government Funds Nine Social and Economic Small Grants across Malawi December 3, 2021
- DRC-Uganda: Civilians must be protected during joint military operations December 3, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber welcomes the ruling for Shell to proceed with its seismic surveys of the Eastern Cape December 3, 2021
Entertainment7 months ago
NOLLYWOOD STAR, ADEOLA ADELOWOTAN DENIES MARRIAGE BREAK-UP
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
500m women, girls lack adequate facilities for menstrual hygiene management globally – Foundation
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Faces at King Brutus’ Birthday, House Warming Ceremony in Johannesburg.
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Nnamdi Kanu Fires Buhari Again Over Threat