Connect with us

celebrity radar - gossips

Return N1.3bn You Collected From Dasuki, EFCC Tells Fayose

Published

on

The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, finally honoured an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday after losing his immunity from prosecution and arrest.

After leading Fayose to the interrogation room, it was learnt that he was asked to write a statement explaining how he spent N1.3bn he allegedly received from the Office of the National Security Adviser through a former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, during the build-up to the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State.

The commission also asked him to return the money.

A source at the EFCC, however, told our correspondent that the former governor refused to admit to collecting the money.

He said, “We have treated Fayose with respect since he arrived in our office. We asked him about the money he received from Obanikoro and when he would return it but he is denying everything.

“He said in his statement on oath that he never received any money despite the overwhelming evidence. The man is refusing to cooperate despite the overwhelming evidence we have.”

It was learnt that as of 7 pm on Tuesday, the former governor was still writing his statement.

The funds allegedly traced to Fayose were said to be part of the N4.7bn allegedly handed to Obanikoro by the then National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.)

While about N1.3bn was given to Fayose, another N1.3bn was also handed over to the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State in 2014, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

The funds were said to have been transported from Lagos to Ekiti State by air.

Since the investigation began in 2015, the EFCC has interrogated over 20 persons.

Apart from Obanikoro and Omisore, others interrogated by the EFCC include Captain Ahmed Borodo, the pilot whose plane was allegedly chartered by Obanikoro; Aide-de-Camp to Obanikoro, Lt. Olumide Adewale; and Fayose’s aide, Abiodun Agbele (who is standing trial for allegedly receiving the funds on behalf of Fayose).

Others interrogated include bureau de change operators and senior bank executives.

“Despite the statements made by all these people indicating that Fayose received money, the man is still denying the allegations,” an EFCC detective said.

However, Fayose’s lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), said Fayose would not compromise himself in the name of administrative bail.

Ozekhome said Fayose’s accounts had already been frozen by the commission and was already in court over the matter.

On whether Fayose would return the money as demanded by the EFCC, Ozekhome said, “Which money are they saying he should return? Has he said any money is with him? They won’t dare tell him to return the money.

“Fayose is not like other Nigerians that the EFCC will bamboozle and force and blackmail to make refunds. Why tell a man to refund the money he has not admitted to receiving when the matter is in court?

“If they offer him an administrative bail with no strings attached, which is not a Greek gift, then he should take it.”

Earlier in the day, before entering the EFCC premises, Fayose and scores of his supporters had created a scene at the entrance of the commission.

Fayose, who wore a blue shirt with the inscription, ‘EFCC, I am here’, and a blue pair of trousers with a blue face-cap to match, arrived at the Tunde Idiagbon House, Wuse 2, which is the former headquarters of the EFCC, around 1 pm.

The former governor, who clutched a backpack and a small duffel bag, was accompanied by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State; a former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode; his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), and several of his aides and supporters.

Addressing reporters before making his way into the EFCC, Fayose said, “I am here in line with my promise that I will be here on the October 16.

“And, as I said to the EFCC, they should await my arrival. This morning, they have been to my house; they cordoned off my street, which I feel was unnecessary. It was unwarranted.

“When a man says he is coming, Nigerians should be given benefit of the doubt.

“I had led Ekiti, and the best I could give, I have given. Therefore, every question, whatever they need to ask today, I will be able to respond appropriately.”

Also speaking, Governor Wike said he accompanied Fayose in order to warn the EFCC to respect his rights.

Wike added, “He wrote a letter to the EFCC that he will submit himself on October 16. He is hale and hearty and I believe that EFCC should know he is well. Our fear from the present report that we have is that he may be harmed.

“But, let Nigerians know that he came by himself to the EFCC without anybody harassing him. So, that is why I brought him here today.”

In his remarks, Fani-Kayode said the EFCC should remember that their actions were being monitored by the international community and they should not abuse Fayose’s rights.

Ozekhome asked the EFCC not to keep Fayose for more than 24 hours as failure to release him would be an abuse of his rights.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

celebrity radar - gossips

General Buratai to deliver University of Ilorin’s distinguished personality lecture

Published

on

Tinubu’s ‘Renewed Hope’ Agenda: General Buratai Remains Loyal, Rebuffs Misinformation – Engr Hassan

General Buratai to deliver University of Ilorin’s distinguished personality lecture

 

​The Department of Criminology and Security Studies at the University of Ilorin has announced that a former Chief of Army Staff and former Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, Ambassador Lt. General (Rtd) Tukur Buratai (CFR), will deliver its prestigious Distinguished Personality Lecture.

 

​The lecture is scheduled to take place on Saturday, 23rd May 2026, at the University Auditorium by 10:00 a.m. The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole (SAN), is expected to be the Chief Host, while Dr. Monsurat Isiaka (Ph.D.), Head of the Department, will serve as Host.

 

​Buratai, who brings a wealth of unmatched experience from his military and diplomatic service, will be speaking on the critical theme: “The Armed Forces of Nigeria and National Security: The Youth and National Aspirations.”

 

​The lecture aims to foster critical conversation about Nigeria’s future security landscape, the pivotal role of the armed forces in national stability, and the interplay between national aspirations and the country’s youth population.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

From Global Stages to Public Service: Media Mogul Fidelis Duker Officially Joins House of Reps Race for Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South

Published

on

From Global Stages to Public Service: Media Mogul Fidelis Duker Officially Joins House of Reps Race for Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South

 

CALABAR, NIGERIA – Renowned media practitioner, veteran filmmaker, and global cultural ambassador, Fidelis Duker, has officially declared his intention to run for the Federal House of Representatives, representing the Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South Federal Constituency.

In a definitive move that bridges the gap between international enterprise and grassroots governance, the Henshaw Town-born pioneer has successfully picked up his Expression of Interest (EOI) form under the platform of the NNigeria Democratic Congress (NDC).

Duker’s entry into the legislative race brings an unprecedented level of global exposure and professional pedigree to Cross River State’s political landscape. For over three decades, he has stood as a towering figure in Africa’s creative economy.

As the founder of the Abuja International Film Festival West Africa’s longest-running film festival, and the Regional Secretary General for the Federation of Pan African Filmmakers (FEPACI), Duker has consistently flown Nigeria’s flag at prestigious international fora worldwide. From presenting the brilliance of African storytelling at the legendary Cannes Film Festival in France to driving strategic industry dialogues across Europe and Africa, his extensive global travels have positioned him as a master of international relations and resource mobilization.

“Our constituency does not suffer from a lack of potential; it suffers from a lack of structured, globally competitive representation,” Duker stated following the collection of his nomination documents. “My career has been defined by creating wealth, building platforms, and placing Nigerian talent on the world map. I am stepping into this race to deploy that exact same global network, corporate discipline, and innovative leadership to bring sustainable development, youth empowerment, and infrastructure to Akpabuyo, Bakassi, and Calabar South.”

Duker’s visionary campaign is backed by an elite, multi-disciplinary educational background curated from top-tier local and international institutions. He holds credentials from the prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism and Crawford University, alongside advanced professional training from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His world-class expertise in broadcasting and mass communications was further sharpened at the globally acclaimed BBC Training Academy and the Deutsche Welle Training Akademie, complementing his academic roots at the Cross River University of Technology.

As the Chief Executive Officer of FAD Media Productions—the powerhouse behind FAD 93.1 FM Calabar, FAD FM 101.3 Abuja and FAD 360 TV, Duker is already one of the largest private-sector employers of youth in Cross River State. His legislative blueprint vows to replicate this success on a macro scale by introducing bills that will be tech-driven youth development projects, positioning bills that will attract foreign direct investment to the constituency’s coastal assets, and ensuring uncompromising transparency in the execution of constituency projects.

The NDC leadership and various community support groups have warmly received his candidacy, describing it as a breath of fresh air and a critical step toward elevating the constituency to international standards of governance and economic growth.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis

Published

on

Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis

By Alhaji Arems (Baba Fuji)

 

 

Veteran Fuji musician King Saheed Osupa is set to release a new 2-in-1 album titled Acapella & Metamorphosis on May 26, 2026.

The announcement was revealed through promotional materials shared across the singer’s official social media pages, where anticipation has already started building among longtime fans of the Fuji icon. The artwork for the project presents Osupa in a calm and regal setting, matching the mature image he has maintained throughout his career.

While full details about the tracklist and featured artists are yet to be officially released, the title of the project has already sparked conversations online. “Metamorphosis” suggests a new phase or evolution, while “Acapella” hints at a more raw or expressive musical direction. Together, both titles point toward a project that may combine classic Fuji elements with a refreshed sound and message.

Over the years, Osupa has remained one of the most respected voices in Fuji music, known for his deep lyrical style, cultural storytelling, and loyal fanbase across Nigeria and beyond. Even as the music industry continues to evolve, the singer has maintained strong relevance, especially among audiences who appreciate traditional Yoruba-rooted sounds blended with contemporary production.

The decision to release a 2-in-1 album also stands out at a time when many artists are focusing on shorter projects and singles. For established acts like Osupa, larger releases often serve as a statement of longevity, consistency, and artistic confidence.

Fans have continued to react positively to the announcement online, with many already counting down to the release date. The project is expected to arrive on major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay, YouTube Music, TIDAL, and Deezer.

With the official release now scheduled for May 26, listeners will be watching closely to see what King Saheed Osupa delivers on Acapella & Metamorphosis and whether the project marks another defining moment in his long-running career.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending