Founder of Christ Embassy church, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is known for his vibrancy when it comes to healing. He has healed and delivered a lot of people from lot of diseases and physical disability.
However, one of his church members has come out to accuse him of staging miracles as the person was contacted by the church to help them fake a miracle which the member turned down.
According to a report by South Africa’s Sowetan, followers have said that he has been hiring people to pretend to be sick and disabled and then “be healed” during his television shows and public prayer meetings.
“I was offered R10 000 to rehearse and pretend to be in a wheelchair three weeks before the all-night prayer called Night of Bliss at the Johannesburg Stadium,” the newspaper quoted a member of the church.
“The pastor told me that they were looking for people to work for the church. He said that I was going to sit in a wheelchair and be wheeled around while pretending to be physically ill. I would then stand up and walk as soon as Pastor Chris stopped praying for me.
“Even children who are healthy are whisked around in wheelchairs. Some use crutches. Everyone is allocated a person who tells the congregation about your background, your specific illness and suffering.
“The pastor then raises his hands and places them maybe on your legs if you cannot walk, and a few seconds later you get up and walk around the room,” the source said. He claimed he called the church the day after their offer and turned them down.“I just told myself that using the word of God to lie to desperate people is immoral, so I refused to take up their offer.”
Also speaking about the pay-for-miracle, another worshiper of the church, said:
“When he started healing people, I did not see him call anyone from the audience. The people that he ‘healed’ came from a certain section of the audience and it looked like he came with them especially for the event.“
I saw a lot of people in wheelchairs leaving the venue who had not been healed. It was very sad.”
It would be recalled that the Televangelist is currently facing trouble in South Africa over his refusal to release his financial records so far
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank