…Promises Speedy Implementation
Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Monday signed into law the 2019 Appropriation Bill.
The bill with a total budget of N873,532,460,725 is a 55% capital expenditure and 45% recurrent expenditure.
Out of the amount, a sum of N393,841,387 is allocated for recurrent expenditure while N479,691,730,705 is for capital expenditure.
The governor, after signing the bill thanked the House of Assembly for passing the bill adding that his administration can take off with implementation.
“I want to thank you on behalf of Lagosians. We will ensure speedy implementation of the bill by ensuring a quick distribution to all ministries and agencies so that Lagosians can enjoy the full benefits of it,” he promised.
He expressed appreciation and applauded the efforts of the Lagos State House of Assembly in passing this law and three others which he assented to describing them as laws to put the state on the path of progress.
While presenting the appropriation bill, Chairman House Committee on Appropriation, Honourable Gbolahan Yishau, who represented the Speaker, Lagos House of Assembly, Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, said the budget would help the state government to handle some sensitive issues and consolidate on the gains of democracy in Lagos State
Sanwo-Olu also signed into law the Domestic Staff Service Provider Bill.
The law, according to Hon. Moji Meranda would make it mandatory for providers of domestic staff to register with the state government.
“The government would be able to collect and collate data of domestic staff in the State, monitor and control activities of domestic staff service providers, give access to their premises, sanction the providers and renew their certificates.
“This law will help to protect lives of all Lagosians. The government would be able to do background check on domestic staff being employed so that people can have confidence in who they are employing,” she said.
Also signed into law was the bill establishing the Lagos Neighbourhood Watch Agency. The law enables the Lagos Neighbourhood Service Corps to assist security agencies in providing safety in the state.
The Lagos State House of Assembly Service Commission amended bill was also signed into law by the governor.
According to the Chairman, House Committee on Finance, Hon. Yinka Ogundimu, the law would extend the tenure of the chairman of the commission to five years as well as allowing staff of the House of Assembly to enjoy welfare benefits enjoyed by other staff of the state government.
DEPUTY CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
JUNE 3, 2019
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank