The retreat organised for members of Lagos State Executive Council and Permanent Secretaries ended at the weekend on high note, with the cabinet members resolving to apply their expertise and energy towards achieving the vision of the Governor Sanwo-Olu administration.
The retreat held at the Eko Hotels and Suites was aimed at fostering inter-personnel teamwork and unity of purpose among administrators that will be implementing key items in the Governor’s development agenda in the ministries, departments and agencies of government.
Rising from the four-day event, the cabinet members came up with a communiqué, which indicated their resolution and expectations as they prepared to fully resume at their respective positions on Monday.
Giving a summary of the communiqué on behalf of the cabinet, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Gbenga Omotoso, noted that the participants had intensive sessions with all the facilitators, who, he said, shared practical thoughts on governance and measuring performance.
He said: “We have just concluded a four-day intensive, energy-sapping and intellectually fulfilling retreat. We have been fully equipped and prepared for the task of governance. It is just a springboard for us to take up our programmes.
“Now, Lagosians are going to be seeing a lot of actions from this government, because everything that has been planned will now be put into actions. We have been told all that could bring about bottlenecks implementation stages, programmes and policies. We are fully armed and energised to engage our duties for the realisation of better Lagos that would be the pride of everybody.”
Omotoso said the cabinet members made a commitment to work together and complement one another’s efforts towards achieving the Governor’s vision.
The Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Hon. Samuel Egube observed that each member of the Executive Council had made a commitment to a joint responsibility of tackling the challenges facing the state, stressing that the government would give no excuse to the residents.
“We also discussed the need to drive a performance evaluation mechanism that would enable us to measure our progress in a transparent manner. This, we believe, will make us fulfil all the promises we have made,” Egube said.
The Head of Service, Mr. Hakeem Muri-Okunola, said the retreat set the tone for the implementation of the administration’s plan for a “Greater Lagos”. He said each session of the programme was facilitated by “highly resourceful” leaders that shared their practical experience about administration and leadership.
He said: “Part of the highlights of the retreat was to devise a mechanism that would create synergy between the Permanent Secretaries and Commissioners in their ministries. We also looked at ways of strengthening the relationship between all arms of government and bring them on common platform for the purpose of taking Lagos to greater heights.”
Some of the speakers that graced the retreat included the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; Minister for Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN; Director General of the Budget Office, Mr. Ben Akabueze; former Executive Secretary of Lagos State Security Trust Fund, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey; founder of FATE Foundation, Mr. Fola Adeola and former Lagos Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Wale Edun, among others.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
GOD’S OWN POWER AND GLORY MINISTRIES HOLDS REVIVAL
Mouka Ups Game for Sustainable Market Control, Earns NSP’s Endorsement
CLMI has the capacity to produce 3million jobs annually ,….stakeholders
FIRSTBANK PARTNERS WITH CFA SOCIETY NIGERIA TO HOST 2019 ETHICS CHALLENGE COMPETITION
Journalist Recounts Ordeal in the Hands of Lagos Task Force
Cover Of The Week
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
- Visit of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission to WHO November 15, 2019
- Minister Shahid meets with the Minister of Endowment and Islamic Affairs of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Nigeria Immigration Service, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launch Border Management Information System at Largest Airport to Date November 15, 2019
- German Government support for the development of Namibia’s parks: Inauguration ceremony of Tsau Khaeb (Sperrgebiet) National Park infrastructure, Kharas Region November 15, 2019
- Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) Launches First Dedicated Online Training Program for Africa’s Business Angels: ‘Mentor-Driven Capital’ November 15, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today