Lagos state police commissioner has warned policemen to shun every form of corruption and exploitation of suspects especially in the areas of bail, emphasizing that bail is free.
CP Muazu made the warning during the commissioning of an Ultra-Modern Statement-taking room facility at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos on Tuesday.
He said that any policeman collecting money for the bail of a suspect is a kidnapper and will be treated as such by facing the full wrath of the law.
Further warning against exploitation of suspects CP Muazu added that “Anybody collecting money for bail is a kidnapper, the only difference is that the kidnappers hide their victim in an undisclosed location while policemen collecting money for bail hide theirs where everyone knows.”
While commissioning the State-of-the-art facility, he said the effective use of the ultramodern statement taking room will further help bring justice to many and help the police to deepen their investigation.
He advised that the department should utilise the facility in assisting prosecution of suspects in compliance with the Administration of Criminal Justice Law, 2015.
The Officer-in-Charge of the State CID, Deputy Commissioner of Police Yetunde Longe, during the Commissioning said that SCID was more than ready to embrace global best practices in investigation, as she commended RoLAC for the donation of equipment and training of officers attached to the department.
“This will in no small measure add value to our productivity. I want to assure the CP, the donor and other stakeholders that this facility will be judiciously utilised for the purpose for which it is donated.” She added.
Further embracing digitalization of the police force, DCP Yetunde Longe also unveiled the new website of the State CID (www.scidlagos.org) to showcase the achievements of the of the Lagos command as well department and to enhance communication in this digital age.
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin