Lagos state police commissioner has warned policemen to shun every form of corruption and exploitation of suspects especially in the areas of bail, emphasizing that bail is free.
CP Muazu made the warning during the commissioning of an Ultra-Modern Statement-taking room facility at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos on Tuesday.
He said that any policeman collecting money for the bail of a suspect is a kidnapper and will be treated as such by facing the full wrath of the law.
Further warning against exploitation of suspects CP Muazu added that “Anybody collecting money for bail is a kidnapper, the only difference is that the kidnappers hide their victim in an undisclosed location while policemen collecting money for bail hide theirs where everyone knows.”
While commissioning the State-of-the-art facility, he said the effective use of the ultramodern statement taking room will further help bring justice to many and help the police to deepen their investigation.
He advised that the department should utilise the facility in assisting prosecution of suspects in compliance with the Administration of Criminal Justice Law, 2015.
The Officer-in-Charge of the State CID, Deputy Commissioner of Police Yetunde Longe, during the Commissioning said that SCID was more than ready to embrace global best practices in investigation, as she commended RoLAC for the donation of equipment and training of officers attached to the department.
“This will in no small measure add value to our productivity. I want to assure the CP, the donor and other stakeholders that this facility will be judiciously utilised for the purpose for which it is donated.” She added.
Further embracing digitalization of the police force, DCP Yetunde Longe also unveiled the new website of the State CID (www.scidlagos.org) to showcase the achievements of the of the Lagos command as well department and to enhance communication in this digital age.
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others