Governors of the south west of Nigeria have met and agreed to reorganize the Security architecture in their various states to address the security challenges facing their region.
To tackle the problem, the Governors have unanimously agreed to take immediate actions by keying into areas recommended by the technical report of the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria with a promise that the security architecture of the region would be changed from what it currently was.
Making this known at the end of a closed door meeting held at the Ondo State Governors office, Akure, the chairman, South West Governors Forum and Governor of Ondo state,Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu noted that they would leave no stone unturned at ensuring that the security architecture of the region was redesigned to make the region a no go area for criminals.
He said that the closed door meeting was on the security situation of the region, adding that the concerned authorities should see what the region was doing in terms of providing a robust security apparatus that would secure the lives and property Of the people.
Akeredolu also urged the people of the region to be calm and be patient with governors of the region, promising that they would take bold steps to stem the tide of insecurity and deal ruthlessly with anyone within the South Western space caught perpetrating any form of criminal acts.
” We want the people that are concerned to wake up to see the action,there is no way we can be here and discuss security and they wont do anything, they will take steps, and we are assuring our people that we are prepared and we will deal ruthlessly with anybody who is here within our space to commit any criminal act, ” he said.
It should be recalled that at the end of a three day Security Summit organized by the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria (DAWN)in Ibadan, a technical team was set up to look into the issues of insecurity in the region
Meanwhile, the governors had paid a condolence visit to the father of late Mrs. Olufunke Olakunri(Nee Fasoranti), Pa Reuben Fasoranti in his home after attending the burial service of his daughter Mrs. Olufunke Olakunri, held at the Saint Davids Anglican Church, Akure.
Speaking on behalf of the governors, the chairman, South West Governors Forum and Governor of Ondo state,Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu noted that they would get to the root of the evil act that claimed the life of Mrs. Olakunri and others, noting that the perpetrators would not go unpunished.
He also noted that they were in support of the position of the Kano State Governors stand to bring an end to nomadism, adding that the practice should not be encouraged at this point in time.
” All of us here, we are in support of the position of the governor of Kano State who made it clear over and over that we should ban nomadism, he said that the time has come to ban nomadism, that is a profound statement from a Fulani man who felt convinced that these thing should stop. Nomadism is not something we can encourage at this age and time, so we rise and we will continue to support the position of Governor Ganduje,” he said.
26 years old Leader of notorious gang nabbed in Lagos
Apostle Suleman Inducted As Fellow of Nigerian Books of Record
Ekweremadu: LESSONS FROM NUREMBERG – Femi Fani-Kayode
Senate President condemns attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany
THE PERSECUTION OF WINIFRED OYO-ITA …….by Princess Modupe Adedayo
Cover Of The Week
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup August 18, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: South Africa defeated Kenya 39-0 on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda drew 15-15 with Madagascar on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- More actors and funding urgently needed to curb deadly measles outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) August 16, 2019
- French Development Agency (AFD) and Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations (NACSO) organise a workshop on Innovative Finance for Namibian Conservation Ecosystem August 16, 2019
- Displaced by DR Congo violence, survivors’ testimonies highlight brutality of armed militia August 16, 2019
- State Visit of President of the Republic of Zambia to India (August 20-22, 2019) August 16, 2019
- UN Volunteers play a critical role in the implementation of MINUSMA mandate in Northern Mali August 16, 2019
- WHO collaborates with Nigerian Government to update the country health workforce profile August 16, 2019
- Tackling child malnutrition (by Islamane Abdou) August 16, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others