Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, a member of Standard Bank Group, has announced a gross earnings of N58.7 billion for the first quarter of 2019 as it released its unaudited financial results for the period to the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The financial report, which was released to the Exchange on Friday (26/4/2019), showed the group grew its topline earnings for the first three months to 31 March 2019 to N58.7 billion, compared with the N57.4 billion it achieved in the same period of 2018. The group achieved profit before tax of N23.5 billion and profit after tax of N19.2 billion.
The result showed that the group’s liquidity position remained robust. Liquidity ratio increased to 130.06% compared with the 110.68% achieved in December 2018. This ratio is well above the regulatory minimum requirement of 30% and is an indication that the group is strong enough to continue to meet its liquidity obligations in a timely manner. Net interest income of N20.2 billion compared with N18.9 billion in March of 2018 is a 7% improvement year-on-year. While total assets decreased marginally by 5% to N1,579.5 billion as against N1,663.7 billion in December 2018, gross non-performing loans slightly improved to N17.5 billion compared to N17.7 billion in December 2018.
The Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Mr Yinka Sanni, said the slowdown in economic activities as well as the socio-political environment impacted the results. “The operating environment in the first quarter of this year was challenging evidenced by the slowdown in economic activities which were impacted by the socio-political environment leading to muted client activity. These factors affected the growth pace of our overall business volumes and earnings,” Sanni said.
According to the CE, the group achieved a resilient performance despite the challenging environment. Sanni is optimistic that economic activities will improve over the rest of the year and the group is well positioned to take advantage when it does. “We will continue to leverage our universal financial services capability to ensure delivery on our Guidance for 2019,” Sanni assured.
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .