Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, a member of Standard Bank Group, has announced a gross earnings of N58.7 billion for the first quarter of 2019 as it released its unaudited financial results for the period to the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The financial report, which was released to the Exchange on Friday (26/4/2019), showed the group grew its topline earnings for the first three months to 31 March 2019 to N58.7 billion, compared with the N57.4 billion it achieved in the same period of 2018. The group achieved profit before tax of N23.5 billion and profit after tax of N19.2 billion.
The result showed that the group’s liquidity position remained robust. Liquidity ratio increased to 130.06% compared with the 110.68% achieved in December 2018. This ratio is well above the regulatory minimum requirement of 30% and is an indication that the group is strong enough to continue to meet its liquidity obligations in a timely manner. Net interest income of N20.2 billion compared with N18.9 billion in March of 2018 is a 7% improvement year-on-year. While total assets decreased marginally by 5% to N1,579.5 billion as against N1,663.7 billion in December 2018, gross non-performing loans slightly improved to N17.5 billion compared to N17.7 billion in December 2018.
The Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Mr Yinka Sanni, said the slowdown in economic activities as well as the socio-political environment impacted the results. “The operating environment in the first quarter of this year was challenging evidenced by the slowdown in economic activities which were impacted by the socio-political environment leading to muted client activity. These factors affected the growth pace of our overall business volumes and earnings,” Sanni said.
According to the CE, the group achieved a resilient performance despite the challenging environment. Sanni is optimistic that economic activities will improve over the rest of the year and the group is well positioned to take advantage when it does. “We will continue to leverage our universal financial services capability to ensure delivery on our Guidance for 2019,” Sanni assured.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others