Supporters of Senator Marafa Assist IDPs in Zamfara
Supporters of Distinguished Senator Marafa provided assistance of cash worth N500, 000 and 10 bags of 100grams of rice each to IDPs in Zamfara State. The support was presented through Zamfara Circle Community Initiative that has been mobilising assistance for thousands of people displaced by banditry in the state.
The spokesperson of the group, Mal. Nurudeen Shehu who said that the materials were provided as a gesture from their group led by Dr. Mikailu Barau to alleviate the suffering of the displaced persons. Mal. Nurudeen explained that “N500, 000 is for the general support fund while the bags of rice are for targeted assistance to recent victims of attack in Anka and Bukkuyum Local Governments of the state”.
The group added that the assistance was their way of extending the goodwill of their political Godfather, Distinguished Senator Marafa (CON), whose effort on fighting the menace of banditry as one time Senator representing Zamfara Central was known. He advanced that this gesture was a continuation of what Senator Marafa started through his legislative role saying ”
In 2019, Senator Marafa made the Nigerian Senate to approve ₦10 billion as special intervention funds for rebuilding Zamfara. He also ensured that the Senate has acted on his motion and passed resolution for President Muhammadu Buhari to establish a Presidential Initiative on Zamfara state (PIZAMS) for an initial period of ten years which we wished legislators coming after Senator Marafa followed to logical conclusion”.
The choice of Zamfara Circle as a medium for delivering the assistance was informed by the confidence of the leader of the group on the integrity of its leadership and its capacity to deliver the assistance timely and judiciously. In addition to this, the group consider coordinated assistance through a group with representation in all parts of the state will ensure greater synergy, avoid duplication of effort and record wider reach to the most vulnerable victims.
The group used the opportunity to condole the families, government, traditional and religious leadership of the affected communities especially particularly those from the recent attack in Bukkuyum and Anka Emirates.
Cover Of The Week
- Employment and Labour on Teboho Maruping resuming his duties as Unemployment Insurance Fund Commissioner January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Uganda: MPs approve Budget Framework Paper in readiness for FY 2022/23 Budget January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Consultant Moreea discusses progress of Hepatitis C treatment with Prime Minister January 28, 2022
- Tropical Storm Ana Hits hard five countries in the Southern Africa Region January 28, 2022
- UN delegation held meeting with Foreign Minister and Presidential Advisor January 28, 2022
- President Kenyatta's Meeting With Top Security Chiefs January 28, 2022
- Africities summit places urban-rural linkages at the heart of the debate January 28, 2022
- Qatar Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire Lays Foundation Stone for Health Centre, Mosque Project in Cote d'Ivoire January 28, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society2 months ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment