In a bid to give a quality and productive service to his people, a successful agro-entrepreneur, industrialist and chartered accountant, Taiwo Akanbi has declared his intention to vie for the chairmanship position of Ijero Local Government in
the forthcoming Local Government election in Ekiti. Set to change the narrative in political governance and public admnisration, Akanbi has said his mission in politics is to make a difference, by ensuring that the main dividends of democracy get to the grassroots.
According to him “having the right people in politics is the only way we can move forward as a people. We need to change the narrative by bringing in people who have made good impact in both corporate and private lives into political governance.”
Speaking further, Akanbi, who is also a successful arable farmer said he would bring his experience to the fore in the sector and the youth population will be encouraged to tap into the numerous opportunities in agriculture.
He said; “It is high time we made sure that our people feel impact of democracy by ensuring the people at the grassroots enjoy good governance. Agriculture is the main job of our people and through agriculture, a lot can be done to raise the living standard of the people. Therefore to ensure the genuine dividends of democracy get to all and sundry, agriculture sector shall witness a big revolution under my watch as the Chairman. Agriculture shall be made attractive once again in its practice and more people would be encouraged to go back to the farm through sustainable and effective agricultural programs.”
In the same vein, Akanbi is also willing to bring his knowledge and experience in community development and youth mentorship to play in the area of social investment. Aside agriculture, one of his main cardinal goals is to ensure a good number of youths in the local government area have access to quality skill acquisition and training. This he promised to be resourcefully done in partnership with the Nigerian Directorate of Employment (NDE).
“This shall be made resourceful and sustainable, where there shall be necessary certification given accordingly to the participants and considerable take-off grants shall be provided for them.” He stated.
Moreover in ensuring a seamless relationship with the state government to take the people to the next level of socioeconomic development, Akanbi also declared that his admnisration shall strictly align with the four Point Agenda of the Governor Kayode Fayemi led administration aimed at transforming the State and implement projects that can impart positively on the lives of the people of Ijero Local Government.
Taiwo Akanbi, a native of Ikoro-Ekiti is an accomplished taxation, management and financial consultant with over 28 years professional experience in the financial industry. He is a member of both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Libya: Lack of COVID-19 tests when boats return risks surge in cases, warns International Rescue Committee (IRC) July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Minister of Foreign Affairs receives new Country Representative, says, ‘Nigeria is behind WHO’ July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Denmark contributes US$1 million to cash relief for refugees in Kampala July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (10th July 2020) July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 10 July 2020, 5 pm EAT July 10, 2020
- Tribute: Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly (By Akinwumi A. Adesina, Président, African Development Bank) July 10, 2020
- Canon launches four new RF lenses – expanding the line-up’s capabilities to super-telephoto photography – plus two RF extenders July 10, 2020
- Meet the imagePROGRAF PRO-300 – a high-quality, professional A3+ photo printer with space-saving design July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: UNMISS conducts door-to-door COVID-19 awareness campaign in Warrap State July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini : Prime Minister Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini has announced first batch of Government COVID-19 payment for laid-off workers July 10, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education4 weeks ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries