In a bid to give a quality and productive service to his people, a successful agro-entrepreneur, industrialist and chartered accountant, Taiwo Akanbi has declared his intention to vie for the chairmanship position of Ijero Local Government in
the forthcoming Local Government election in Ekiti. Set to change the narrative in political governance and public admnisration, Akanbi has said his mission in politics is to make a difference, by ensuring that the main dividends of democracy get to the grassroots.
According to him “having the right people in politics is the only way we can move forward as a people. We need to change the narrative by bringing in people who have made good impact in both corporate and private lives into political governance.”
Speaking further, Akanbi, who is also a successful arable farmer said he would bring his experience to the fore in the sector and the youth population will be encouraged to tap into the numerous opportunities in agriculture.
He said; “It is high time we made sure that our people feel impact of democracy by ensuring the people at the grassroots enjoy good governance. Agriculture is the main job of our people and through agriculture, a lot can be done to raise the living standard of the people. Therefore to ensure the genuine dividends of democracy get to all and sundry, agriculture sector shall witness a big revolution under my watch as the Chairman. Agriculture shall be made attractive once again in its practice and more people would be encouraged to go back to the farm through sustainable and effective agricultural programs.”
In the same vein, Akanbi is also willing to bring his knowledge and experience in community development and youth mentorship to play in the area of social investment. Aside agriculture, one of his main cardinal goals is to ensure a good number of youths in the local government area have access to quality skill acquisition and training. This he promised to be resourcefully done in partnership with the Nigerian Directorate of Employment (NDE).
“This shall be made resourceful and sustainable, where there shall be necessary certification given accordingly to the participants and considerable take-off grants shall be provided for them.” He stated.
Moreover in ensuring a seamless relationship with the state government to take the people to the next level of socioeconomic development, Akanbi also declared that his admnisration shall strictly align with the four Point Agenda of the Governor Kayode Fayemi led administration aimed at transforming the State and implement projects that can impart positively on the lives of the people of Ijero Local Government.
Taiwo Akanbi, a native of Ikoro-Ekiti is an accomplished taxation, management and financial consultant with over 28 years professional experience in the financial industry. He is a member of both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others