In a bid to give a quality and productive service to his people, a successful agro-entrepreneur, industrialist and chartered accountant, Taiwo Akanbi has declared his intention to vie for the chairmanship position of Ijero Local Government in
the forthcoming Local Government election in Ekiti. Set to change the narrative in political governance and public admnisration, Akanbi has said his mission in politics is to make a difference, by ensuring that the main dividends of democracy get to the grassroots.
According to him “having the right people in politics is the only way we can move forward as a people. We need to change the narrative by bringing in people who have made good impact in both corporate and private lives into political governance.”
Speaking further, Akanbi, who is also a successful arable farmer said he would bring his experience to the fore in the sector and the youth population will be encouraged to tap into the numerous opportunities in agriculture.
He said; “It is high time we made sure that our people feel impact of democracy by ensuring the people at the grassroots enjoy good governance. Agriculture is the main job of our people and through agriculture, a lot can be done to raise the living standard of the people. Therefore to ensure the genuine dividends of democracy get to all and sundry, agriculture sector shall witness a big revolution under my watch as the Chairman. Agriculture shall be made attractive once again in its practice and more people would be encouraged to go back to the farm through sustainable and effective agricultural programs.”
In the same vein, Akanbi is also willing to bring his knowledge and experience in community development and youth mentorship to play in the area of social investment. Aside agriculture, one of his main cardinal goals is to ensure a good number of youths in the local government area have access to quality skill acquisition and training. This he promised to be resourcefully done in partnership with the Nigerian Directorate of Employment (NDE).
“This shall be made resourceful and sustainable, where there shall be necessary certification given accordingly to the participants and considerable take-off grants shall be provided for them.” He stated.
Moreover in ensuring a seamless relationship with the state government to take the people to the next level of socioeconomic development, Akanbi also declared that his admnisration shall strictly align with the four Point Agenda of the Governor Kayode Fayemi led administration aimed at transforming the State and implement projects that can impart positively on the lives of the people of Ijero Local Government.
Taiwo Akanbi, a native of Ikoro-Ekiti is an accomplished taxation, management and financial consultant with over 28 years professional experience in the financial industry. He is a member of both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin