Primary school Teacher allegedly infects 14 pupils with HIV/AIDS
HIV/AIDS- A Grade Two Teacher, of Karabonde Primary School, in Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State, Usman Galadima, Suspected to have infected 14 pupils of the school with HIV/AIDS virus.
The suspect, Galadima is now in the police custody, besides being under arrest and being interrogated by the state police command, Niger State Government has also constituted a committee to also investigate the allegation levelled against him.
The committee is headed by the state Commissioner for Education, Hajiya Hanatu Jibrin Salihu.
Other members of the committee include Director of Child Rights Protection Agency, the state Commissioner for Women Affairs, State Universal Basic Education, SUBEB, Board among others.
The State Universal Basic Education Board, SUBEB, has already suspended the suspect from work pending the outcome of the investigations by both the Police and state government.
A competent source in the state Ministry of Education told our correspondent that the suspect will be handed over to the state committee for further investigation as soon as the state CID completes its interrogation.
According to the source, “already, the committee is now in Borgu on four-day fact-finding mission on the matter. The development is so pathetic and it is being taken seriously.
“He has already confessed to the crime before a committee constituted by the councils’ Education Secretary last week but we still want to dig more into the matter.”
The state Commissioner for Education, Hajiya Hanatu Jibrin Salihu, could not be reached for details.
However, the state Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, confirmed the arrest.
Cover Of The Week
- Nearly 1 in 2 South African households is subscribed to SVOD September 21, 2021
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria