It is not surprising that the Akinlade camp of the Allied Peoples’ Movement (APM) has approached the Supreme Court on the same March 19 governorship election that Prince Dapo Abiodun massively won at the polls, validated by the tribunal and upheld by the Appeal court.
What is rather surprising is that the Akinlade camp has refused to accept the position of God, the people and the judiciary at different independent levels.
Much as it is their democratic right to test people’s will, we are however confident that as they have met no victory during the two earlier constitutional procedures, they will equally record none in the highest court of the land.
Our confidence is premised on the fact that all competent courts, while performing their duties in this regard, are guided by the constitution, the electoral act and the rule of law.
The mandate, which the people voluntarily gave to Prince Dapo Abiodun will be reaffirmed, and the Governor, who is unbothered by these shenanigans, will continue to ensure that dividends of democracy are delivered to the people for the next four years.
We thank the people of Ogun State for their support, all the other political parties for their solidarity and patriotism and we promised that we shall remain focussed, bear true allegiance to the constitution and stick to the mandate to develop the State and bring individual prosperity to the people.
Our ever-ready team of lawyer will meet the disgruntled remnants of APM at the highest court of the land and God willing, the people’s verdict shall be conclusively established
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe ready to host & showcase itself at sustainable development forum: Minister January 21, 2020
- Declaration by the High Representative Josep Borrell on behalf of the EU on South Sudan January 21, 2020
- Du Plessis, Davids to add speed to Blitzboks team January 21, 2020
- Keynote Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina at the UK-Africa Investment Summit, “Sustainable Infrastructure Forum” January 21, 2020
- Accelerating innovation to attain Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 January 21, 2020
- Chinese Ambassador to Kenya Wu Peng attended Chinese New Year Gala January 21, 2020
- 71st Republic Day of India January 21, 2020
- Health should not be a privilege for the rich—the right to health belongs to everyone January 21, 2020
- Kobs Shine as Warriors Register First League Loss January 21, 2020
- Supply of healthcare kits by the Italian Cooperation in Niger January 21, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria