It is not surprising that the Akinlade camp of the Allied Peoples’ Movement (APM) has approached the Supreme Court on the same March 19 governorship election that Prince Dapo Abiodun massively won at the polls, validated by the tribunal and upheld by the Appeal court.
What is rather surprising is that the Akinlade camp has refused to accept the position of God, the people and the judiciary at different independent levels.
Much as it is their democratic right to test people’s will, we are however confident that as they have met no victory during the two earlier constitutional procedures, they will equally record none in the highest court of the land.
Our confidence is premised on the fact that all competent courts, while performing their duties in this regard, are guided by the constitution, the electoral act and the rule of law.
The mandate, which the people voluntarily gave to Prince Dapo Abiodun will be reaffirmed, and the Governor, who is unbothered by these shenanigans, will continue to ensure that dividends of democracy are delivered to the people for the next four years.
We thank the people of Ogun State for their support, all the other political parties for their solidarity and patriotism and we promised that we shall remain focussed, bear true allegiance to the constitution and stick to the mandate to develop the State and bring individual prosperity to the people.
Our ever-ready team of lawyer will meet the disgruntled remnants of APM at the highest court of the land and God willing, the people’s verdict shall be conclusively established
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .