A £150,000 bespoke Range Rover has been stolen from boxing heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, in the early hours of yesterday.
Joshua has vowed to round up the thieves who stole the vehicle just days before his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight title defense against Alexander Povetkin.
The Range Rover was taken from a relative’s home in London on Thursday while the boxer was training at the English Institute of Sport (EIS) in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
A source spoke about the theft:
‘In the early hours of yesterday morning, Anthony Joshua’s personalised Range Rover was stolen from outside a relative’s house while he was away training at the Sheffield Institute of Sport. He has reported it stolen.’
‘He’s the unlikeliest of targets for car thieves as the car is completely personalised with its registration number while head rests, steering wheel, a badge and even door interiors are marked with the Anthony Joshua signature. It’s also fitted with a tracker. And who’d want to be caught stealing from the heavyweight champion of the world?
‘So he’ll be absolutely gutted as he loves that car, which is shared with family members while he’s away. The family member who had it taken from their driveway is said to be devastated.
Anthony Joshua received the high-performance Range Rover SV Autobiography Dynamic in March this year. He worked with designers and technicians to create various exclusive features, including its premium paint finish which is named after him, World Champion Graphite.
It also comes with a personalized storage unit in the boot and boxing glove pattern surrounds on the door handles.
Cover Of The Week
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
- African Development Bank and African Union to roll-out a continent-wide electricity market Masterplan December 12, 2019
- Powell keeps the faith as Blitzboks gear up for Cape Town December 12, 2019
- Malware variety grows by 13.7% in 2019 due to web skimmers December 12, 2019
- Give Them a Gift That Will Make Them Smarter This Christmas! December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .