On Sunday night, thugs suspected to be working for opposition politicians attacked property or structures that had connection with either the All Progressives Congress (APC) or politicians of the party’s extraction.
Hon. Kunle Oluomo, Deputy Speaker of Ogun State House of Assembly, was the first victim of the rampaging thugs when he had his constituency office in Ifo, together with five vehicles, set ablaze.
Also the Constituency office of Hon. Ibrahim Isiaka, the Ifo/Ewekoro Federal House of Representatives member, was not spared as hoodlums stormed and burnt it down. The hoodlums seized on the grand finale of the town’s annual Akoogun festival to perpetrate the dastardly acts.
It was learnt that operatives of the Special Anti–Robbery Squad (SARS) had trailed one of the boys suspected to have masterminded the arson to the venue of the Akoogun Festival for gun possession. The boy was also said to have disrupted activities at various polling units during the last general election, but his gang allegedly encircled the Police, stoutly preventing him from being taken away and retrieving the said gun from the Police.
According to reports, the hoodlums also attempted to snatch an AK47 from one of the policemen but in a fierce struggle for the riffle between the Police and the daring hoodlums, gunshot rang out and one of the boys was cut down while the policemen also fled the scene.
This raised the ire of the hoodlums as they quickly regrouped and stormed the constituency office of Kunle Oluomo, torching the constituency building and the vehicles on the premises. Oluomo’s property destroyed during the attack include office, five vehicles (three Mercedes 42-seater buses, one Isuzu Luxurious bus and a 36–seater coaster bus being used for free school shuttle pupils and students in Ifo 1 State Constituency.
Behold! Apostle Suleman’s Hope Messages for December 2019
Yewande Memorial School Lagos Celebrate Aina On Her Conferment Of the Member of the order of the British Empire (MBE)
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .