On Sunday night, thugs suspected to be working for opposition politicians attacked property or structures that had connection with either the All Progressives Congress (APC) or politicians of the party’s extraction.
Hon. Kunle Oluomo, Deputy Speaker of Ogun State House of Assembly, was the first victim of the rampaging thugs when he had his constituency office in Ifo, together with five vehicles, set ablaze.
Also the Constituency office of Hon. Ibrahim Isiaka, the Ifo/Ewekoro Federal House of Representatives member, was not spared as hoodlums stormed and burnt it down. The hoodlums seized on the grand finale of the town’s annual Akoogun festival to perpetrate the dastardly acts.
It was learnt that operatives of the Special Anti–Robbery Squad (SARS) had trailed one of the boys suspected to have masterminded the arson to the venue of the Akoogun Festival for gun possession. The boy was also said to have disrupted activities at various polling units during the last general election, but his gang allegedly encircled the Police, stoutly preventing him from being taken away and retrieving the said gun from the Police.
According to reports, the hoodlums also attempted to snatch an AK47 from one of the policemen but in a fierce struggle for the riffle between the Police and the daring hoodlums, gunshot rang out and one of the boys was cut down while the policemen also fled the scene.
This raised the ire of the hoodlums as they quickly regrouped and stormed the constituency office of Kunle Oluomo, torching the constituency building and the vehicles on the premises. Oluomo’s property destroyed during the attack include office, five vehicles (three Mercedes 42-seater buses, one Isuzu Luxurious bus and a 36–seater coaster bus being used for free school shuttle pupils and students in Ifo 1 State Constituency.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others