A group, the South West Professionals Forum, has said that Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the All Progressives Congress, risked his life and resources to ensure that Nigeria remains on the path of democracy.
In a statement issued in Lagos, Tuesday, the group said that Mr. Tinubu’s leading role saved the country from economic and political pitfalls.
“Since 1999, Asiwaju (Tinubu) has been a pillar of democracy. He puts his hat in the ring not for himself but for the benefit of all Nigerians,” said Segun Ajibulu, the president of the group.
Mr. Ajibulu said the APC leader had played more roles than any living Nigerian since 1993 to ensure the sustenance of Nigeria’s democracy.
The group also stated that Mr. Tinubu’s vision was instrumental to the integration of Lagos State’s politics and economy into the greater South West family.
“In the campaign to make the South West a model, we commend the efforts of Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. We urge him not to relent in his efforts to unite the people of the South West for the overall interest of Nigeria,” said Mr. Ajibulu.
SOWPROF was established in 1999 and hosts over 5,000 Yoruba professionals in Nigeria and in the Diaspora, according to the group.
On the economic recession, Mr. Ajibulu, a public administrator, said the future of the South West region lay in an effective and professional civil service, creative exploration of untapped natural resources and regional integration of the state’s political, economic and cultural structures.
“We are concerned with the fall in the Gross Domestic Product, (GDP) of Nigeria,” he said.
“We are worried that states are not able to pay salaries due to no fault of theirs. We are concerned that the civil service is currently weak and needs to be strengthened to meet the new challenges. The future of the people of the South West lay in economic and political unity of purpose.”
The group further said that there is a need to initiate a social security system for the millions of people in the South West to take care of the needs of the aged, children and the unemployed.
“We need a system that will take care of those without the economic means to survive,” said Mr. Ajibulu.
“No state can do it alone. All the willing South West states need to work together. This is the best way to minimize violence and tame the tide of instability in the South West region for the overall peace and well-being of Nigerians.”
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .