Damilola Adegoke is a makeup artiste and CEO of the popular brand Face Turns Make-over. In an exclusive chat with Sahara Weekly Magazine, she opened up on the secret of her success. Excerpts…
Q- Can you tell us about yourself?
R- My name is Damilola Adegoke and I’m into make-up.
Q- Can you tell us when it all started?
R- I started last year June/July. I had no money then but there was a friend of mine who is into makeup. She taught me and asked me to pay later which I did. When I finished, I started my own fully by December
Q- There are so many make-up artistes in Nigeria. What makes face turn make over different?
R- Not everyone that is perfect. I see it as something I’m interested in and that is why I chose that name. I do my work perfectly.
Q- Some people will say they only do bridal make up, some say they do video makeup. Which one do u do?
R- Actually I do all because my boss taught me everything. We’ve worked with Goldie, Chidinma,
Q- What are the challenges so far?
R- I’ve faced so many challenges but the major one is mixed feelings about my work. Some say it is beautiful while some say it is not.
Q- What inspired you? Why did you decide to go into makeup?
R- I’ve passion for it but there was a day I woke up and called my friend who is a make-up artiste that I want her to teach me because I know how much she has made in a little period of time. When she started, she used my face for practice then. She was surprised when I asked her.
Q- Aside make-up, what else do you do?
R- I do shoes and bags too but I just have passion for this make up and that is why I decided to go into it full time. I am fully into cosmetic jobs as I do nails too.
Q- One thing about makeup is that it turns ugly people into beautiful. How do you feel when you turn an ugly person into beautiful?
R- I feel good
Q-. Can you tell us the secret of your success?
R- Nothing really. It just the quality of the instrument I make use of.
Q- Who do you look up to in the industry?
R- ‘Arewa’…..because she has been so good and kind to me.
Q- Can you tell us about your background?
R- I’m from Osun state. I grew up in Lagos. We are four in our family and I’m the third born of my parent
Q- Your educational background?
R- I went to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, (MAPOLY), Abeokuta. I studied business administration and graduated in 2007.
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FIRSTBANK AGRIC EXPO SET TO PROMOTE NEW AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator. “ No Cause For Alarm”
PSN urged federal government to set up presidential committee on drug distribution
Cover Of The Week
- Torrential rains destroy shelters for displaced people in northeast Nigeria August 23, 2019
- African Women Dialogue Across Generations August 23, 2019
- The launch meeting of Gavi’s third replenishment August 23, 2019
- World Health Organization (WHO) supports Cross River State in administering polio vaccines to Cameroonian refugees August 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Rwanda and Uganda August 23, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov meets the Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt Abir Alam Eldin August 23, 2019
- Somalia security remains a concern, head of UN Mission warns Security Council August 22, 2019
- WHO and Africa CDC agree on joint actions to improve health security in Africa August 22, 2019
- Restoring people’s trust in medical facilities an essential prescription for achieving universal health coverage August 22, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Sudan August 22, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others