UNBOWED AND UNBROKEN: Take it Back Members Visit defiant Sowore in DSS Detention
At 6pm today, 5th August, 2019, members of the Take it Back Movement were allowed to visit with our convener, Omoyele Sowore, for the first time since his armed abduction in the early hours last Saturday, the 3rd of August.
The visitors met him in high spirits, unmoved by the events of the last few days. The officers allowed the guests to present him with food as Sowore had refused all meals since his capture. We are also happy to confirm that Take it Back members will be allowed to bring him food daily as per his wishes.
The freedom fighter was quick to ask about Movement and Party faithfuls as he is aware that there will be a lot of worry about his wellbeing, and would like to assure everyone that he is being treated well and is in very good health.
He is pleased that the peaceful #RevolutionNow protests he called Nigerians to stand for went ahead, and has expressed his dismay at knowledge of the sheer number of innocent Nigerians being arrested for exercising their civil rights. He is greatly concerned about the wellbeing of all those arrested and /or affected by today’s heavy handed police action, and joins in demanding for their immediate release.
Indeed, the silver lining in today’s unrest lies in the knowledge that the truly, you cannot stop an idea whose time has come.
The Take it Back Movement will continue to agitate for his release as well as that of every single comrade whose voice this oppressive regime has tried to silence.
This visit was a small win; but we will not rest until we are free and free indeed.
Director, PR, Media and Communications
Take it Back Movement
Saraki Expresses displeasure of the forfeiture of his properties to the Federal government
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin