Bukola Saraki, the director-general of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) campaign organisation has denied asking Nigerians to re-elect President Muhammadu Buhari.
A video clip currently trending on the internet showed Mr Saraki canvassing votes for Mr Buhari in his native country home, Kwara State.
This is coming few days after a fake letter allegedly emanated from a foreign firm to Saraki inundating him that Atiku Abubakar, the PDP candidate for the election will loose to Buhari.
The president who is seeking a second term in office is running for the exalted office on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Saraki, the President of the 8th Senate, who has been campaigning for Mr Abubakar, his party’s presidential candidate, is seen addressing crowds of supporters in his native language in the clip apparently urging them to vote for the APC candidate.
But denying he made such utterances, the top lawmaker said the clip showing him seeking votes for Buhari has been falsified.
The Senate President stated this in a statement by his media aide, Olu Onemola.
“For the second time in 3 days, the APC has doctored another campaign instrument — simply for the sake of pushing out propaganda,” Mr Onemola said in a series of tweets Friday afternoon.
“In what world would Saraki, the DG of Atiku’s campaign, who has seen first hand the incompetence of Buhari ask people to vote for a failed President?
“The entire tape has been doctored, much in the same way that the APC faked a letter to the Senate President earlier this from Brian Ballard and even went as far as forging his signature.
“The public should disregard the desperate antics of the losing APC. We all want a Better Nigeria, and none of us would encourage even half a person to vote for Buhari,” the spokesman said.
Cover Of The Week
- UNSMIL Statement on reports about no-confidence motion against the Government of National Unity (GNU) September 21, 2021
- Kenya is Sri Lanka's good friend Kananathan tells the Foreign Minister of Kenya September 21, 2021
- Special Representative of the Secretary-General Statement Condemning Coup Attempt September 21, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (21 September 2021) September 21, 2021
- Coronavirus: South Africa Administers More than 16 Million COVID-19 Vaccines September 21, 2021
- Road safety experts and officials from ECOWAS Member States deliberate and consider uniform actionable measures to curb the astronomical increase in deaths resulting from road crashes September 21, 2021
- Niger Signs its fourth Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 21, 2021
- UNMISS trains South Sudanese military commanders on human rights and international humanitarian laws September 21, 2021
- FAO Launches Online Course on African Swine Fever to Capacitate Veterinarians and Veterinary Paraprofessionals in Southern Africa September 21, 2021
- WFP Boosts Food Production and Builds Resilience to Climate Change in Malawi September 21, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria