Super Eagles’ captain, Vincent Enyeama, yesterday did not attend the Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) Disciplinary Committee’s summons to explain his comments on the choice of Kaduna as venue for the country’s Gabon 2017 African Nations Cup qualifier against Chad on June 13.
Enyeama had on the eve of the game expressed his dissatisfaction with the choice of the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna as venue for the game, citing security challenges in the northern part of the country. But the NFF did not take kindly to his comments.
The body set up a committee to question the Super Eagles’ captain on the comments with a view to ensuring that no other player challenged the NFF’s right to decide where the national team games would be played.
Enyeama was, however, conspicuously absent yesterday when the Organizing and Disciplinary Committee (O&D) of the federation sat over some issues that bothered on team discipline.
Meanwhile, Super Eagles’ Chief Coach, Stephen Keshi, has urged Nigerians to work for measures that would restore peace and decency to the national team to enable the technical crew work towards qualifying Nigeria for the 2017 AFCON.
Keshi, who was invited to the Glass House by the NFF to explain his recent link with the vacant Cote d’Ivoire job, as well as his alleged bias in the selection of players, told journalists after appearing before the Committee that he was not worried about the issue because he had told them everything he knew about the matter.
“What is on my mind today is the next AFCON game against Tanzania and how to defeat them in September. We thank God for the victory against Chad in Kaduna, the next should be how to consolidate on that victory that should be our target now and not who said what.
“About Vincent, I only know about myself that I need to be here today, but for Vincent Enyeama I don’t know about that.”
Keshi denied knowing anything about the Ivorian job, even as he rejected suggestions to drag the West African country to court.
“I have said it before that I did not apply for the Ivorian job because I have a job which I am happy with. But talking about court, I will not do that because my name is everywhere and if I take them to court will I also take Kenya and Ghana to court? That is the experience of every coach in the world,” he noted.
Cover Of The Week
- Central African Republic: Russian Wagner Group harassing and Intimidating Civilians - UN Experts October 27, 2021
- FESPACO: More awards for "Above Water" - the first feature film directed by A?ssa Ma?ga October 27, 2021
- Energy transition poised to provide boost to C?te d'Ivoire economy October 27, 2021
- The 2nd ICD - CIBAFI Webinar Discussed the Emergence of Cryptocurrencies and its Potential for the Growth of Islamic Finance Industry October 27, 2021
- WHO Supports the development of the Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health, Adolescent and Ageing 2022-2026 Strategic plan in the State of Eritrea, 14th October 2021 October 27, 2021
- UNESCO Learning City Award goes to ten cities with outstanding achievements in lifelong learning October 27, 2021
- Ghana: African Development Bank extends $75 million loan to Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund for portfolio expansion October 27, 2021
- Meryame Kitir Presents Belgian Sahel Climate Programme in Burkina Faso October 27, 2021
- New US$150 Million Program to Strengthen Kenya's Resilience to Climate Change October 27, 2021
- Emirates Red Crescent Presents New Batch of Ambulances to Ethiopia October 27, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Odumeje, Rita Edochie Reject Ada Jesus Plea, Insist No Cure Unless (Video)
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Mother Narrates How She Caught Actor, Baba Ijesha Defiling Her Daughter
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
The Intriguing Story Of Prophet Jeremiah Asuquo