A video showing popular Nigerian cleric TB Joshua visiting and financially supporting elderly people in a rural Nigerian community – who astonishingly said they are over the age of 150-years-old – has gone viral.
The clip, which has been viewed over 150,000 times in less than 24 hours, was published to Joshua’s YouTube channel Emmanuel TV late on Sunday 26th January 2019.
“Viewers, we should see giving to others as an assignment from God because that only comes to God that comes from Him,” Joshua states in a short address before he is shown entering several homes in a rustic setting accompanied by one of his daughters.
“It pleases God in His mercy to bless you with long life,” Joshua says to one of the super-centenarians who said he was over 150 years old, before giving the elderly man N100,000.
Gifts ranging between N100,000 to N200,000 were given to all the aged people he encountered, with Joshua kneeling to receive the heartfelt prayers they offered for him in appreciation.
“You will conquer all evil. You will overcome. You will not lose the Kingdom of God,” one of the senior citizens prayed for Joshua, with tears streaming down his face after receiving the gift, which he promptly kept underneath his mattress.
“What I am concerned about is the youth; please pray for them,” pleaded another supercentenarian who said he was 127 years old, adding that he prayed for Joshua three times daily and the world was in the ‘end-times’.
“Let us give for God’s sake and receive more of whatever we give. Help for God’s sake and be helped. Love for God’s sake and be loved. Care for God’s sake and be cared for,” Joshua counselled viewers amidst his humanitarian mission.
The clip clearly struck a chord within viewers online, many admitting it moved them to tears and inspired them to equally reach out to elderly ones.
“I feel so emotional watching this,” commented Dr. Njipay Sophon on YouTube. “Tears are coming out of my eyes and I feel like I need to do something for others.”
Others hoped clergymen would follow in Joshua’s footsteps, singling out the ‘humility’ of his actions.
“As a pastor you need show the example of what you are preaching,” wrote Iko Jankasa on Facebook in response to the video. “It’s not about just making noise in the church.”
According to official statistics, the oldest living person is 117-year-old Kane Tanaka from Japan although there are cases of several elderly citizens in rural areas of Africa who say they are significantly older.
Emmanuel TV’s YouTube channel is the first ever Christian ministry platform to surpass 1,500,000 subscribers on the popular video-sharing website.
VIDEO – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncrGQck2ys
Cover Of The Week
- Frightened Residents brace as Cyclone Eloise approaches Mozambique January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus: COVAX announces new agreement, plans for first deliveries January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Seychelles: India gifts Seychelles with COVISHIELD vaccines January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 Update 22 January 2021 January 22, 2021
- Sierra Leone’s President Julius Maada Bio inspects Agricultural Machinery at the Agriculture Central Stores in Freetown January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Uganda: COVID-19 update (22 January 2021) January 22, 2021
- Africa’s first ever Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) World Tour team, Team Qhubeka ASSOS, unveils iconic 2021 race jersey January 22, 2021
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 22 January 2021, 9 am EAT January 22, 2021
- Online Trading: What to look for in a Broker January 22, 2021
- Participation, education, digital access and climate change are key concerns for children and young people in Africa and Europe, U-Report poll finds January 22, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi