Our attention has been drawn to some news item and posts on social media reporting that we wrote a letter to some international bodies to prevail on Alhaji Atiku Abubakar not to proceed to court to challenge the result of the 2019 Presidential Election.
Our investigation reveals that a letter to that effect was purportedly written by a certain ‘Buhari Campaign Organisation’. This is the second time we will be informing the public that the said ‘Buhari Campaign Organisation’ does not act at the behest of the APC Presidential Campaign Council nor does it represent the Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation in any way. As a result, whatever it has released DOES NOT REPRESENT THE POSITION OF THE APC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN COUNCIL OR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
Our official position is that we believe that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has a constitutional right to seek redress in court and we do not seek in any way to curtail that right. In fact, it is the resort to court that is the only democratic way to ventilate his perceived grievance and any attempt to restrict or discourage the exercise of such right would be an invitation to anarchy.
In addition, we are very anxious to meet Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in court in order to show the world in a conclusive manner the free and fair nature of the comprehensive defeat of Atiku at the polls. An election is not termed ‘rigged’ only by the mere claim of it by the loser. That is what Atiku and the PDP want to ram down our throats. Unfortunately for them, international, continental and sub-regional observers (who can be seen as neutral by all standards) ALLdeclared the election to be free, fair and credible. No ego-massaging narrative can change that.
We therefore totally disassociate ourselves from the letter purportedly written by one of, perhaps, many support groups of President Muhammadu Buhari. They may have a right to their opinion, but it does not represent our official position.
FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN, FCIArb (UK),
Director of Strategic Communications,
APC Presidential Campaign Council
Cover Of The Week
- Speech by H.E. Ms. Jacobsen at Arusha Technical College Graduation Ceremony January 29, 2020
- UAE has prioritised relations with African countries: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed January 29, 2020
- Santu Mofokeng (1956–2020) January 29, 2020
- Cubans and Namibians commemorate the Birth of the Apostle January 29, 2020
- Remarks by the Spokesperson of the Chinese Embassy in Zambia on the Outbreak of Pneumonia caused by the Novel Coronavirus January 29, 2020
- Egypt: African Development Bank approves $22 million to expand leasing financing to corporates and SMEs January 29, 2020
- Blitzboks excited to restore pride January 29, 2020
- ‘Agriculture is the most important business in the world,’ African Development Bank President Akinwumi Adesina tells students January 29, 2020
- The NBA is hiring a Marketing Lead, Basketball Africa League (BAL) January 29, 2020
- Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting with Benin President Talon January 29, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria