Ogun State government says it Will need the support of all stakeholders, especially from financial institutions to carry out it’s programmes towards taking the State to the next level.
The State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, stated this in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, when he received a team from the Wema Bank Plc, led by its Group Managing Director, Mr. Demola Adebise, who paid him a courtesy visit.
Prince Abiodun said his administration was poised at repositioning the health, education, infrastructure and the agricultural sectors as well as regiging the security aparatus to effectively protect the lives and property of the people.
“We will lay emphasis on security Knowing fully well that being the gateway state, hoodlums will like to move from the neighbouring states and countries to cause havoc where and so security will be one of our priority areas”, he said.
The Governor said the state and Lagos would set up a commission to deal with issues concerning physical planning, security and taxes, adding that roads linking neighbouring states would be rehabilitated to ease movement of goods and services, just as a one stop shop would be put in place to ensure ease of doing business.
He said government was working towards reducing the large number of unemployed youths in the State by establishing vocational training centres to provide training on tilling, carpentry, shoe making, fashion design, among others to make them self reliance.
The state helmsman noted that his administration would leverage on all the Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN ) intervention programmes in the agricultural sector, to make the State the food basket of the nation, calling on the bank to be a major player in the State’s developmental drive by participating actively in the Security Trust Fund.
He reiterated his resolve to provide focused and qualitative leadership that would guarantee good governance, affirming that premium would be given to workers welfare to encourage them to put in their best for the good of the people.
Speaking earlier, Mr. Adebise, while pledging the support of the bank to ensure that the present administration succeeds, said financial yhr house would participate fully in the security trust find and the digitisation process of the State.
While urging the state to put more Infrastructure in place as it was the bedrock to industrialisation, Mr. Adebise said the bank would Partner the state to access intervention funds from the CBN to revitalised its agricultural sector and it’s value chain.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others