The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed the intention of his administration to make the state the Agricultural Capital of the country, adding that a program to empower 10,000 people with one hectare of land in conjunction with the Central Bank of Nigeria would soon commence.
Prince Abiodun who made this known at the first year anniversary marking the coronation of the Olota of Ota, disclosed that he had a meeting with the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, where he informed him of his administrations resolve to make the state the agricultural capital of the country.
He further noted that the idea of making the state the agricultural capital of the country made the President happy, making him to put a call through to the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria to support the gesture.
“I met with President Buhari, I had a meeting with him and I told him that I want to turn Ogun State into the agricultural capital of these country and I need his assistance.
“The president pledged his total and full support to me, as a matter of fact, he demonstrated that by immediately calling the CBN Governor and saying, “I want you to support the governor of Ogun State “, I met with the CBN Governor and we have designed a program, that program will allow us to immediately look at how to empower 10,000 people,” he said.
Prince Abiodun also noted that the program the state designed with the Central Bank of Nigeria would avail people across the state access to lands and other farming supplements.
“We are going to embark on these program where we are going to allocate one hectare of land to 10,000 people across the state, 1 hectare each.
“We will support each and every one of these people with land clearing, ferterlizer, seedlings and buy back those produce, we are going to focus on corn, cassava and rice, these for us is a commitment,” he said.
He also reiterated the determination of his administration to declare a state of emergency in the education sector, while promising to refurbish a primary school per ward.
The governor however noted that he would allow a participatory government which would avail the people an opportunity to choose the primary school, health center and road that is of priority to them, saying that the process would make it possible for the people to vet and take ownership of the projects.
Rainoil Lauds Hymnodia, Celebrates Season 1 Finalists in Grand Style
OBASEKI AND THE POLITICAL CHESS GAME IN EDO STATE
SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS MEET, SEEK SOLUTION TO SECURITY CHALLENGES
Imo leaders reject traditional ruler
“No matter how much we make my share is N8,000 since I joined the gang”-suspect Confesses
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends Revolution Day greetings to Egypt July 23, 2019
- 30 Chadian Journalists Trained This Month, Topping 600 Trainees in West and Central Africa Since 2018 July 23, 2019
- Joint Statement: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General António Vitorino and UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi Welcome Consensus on Need for Action on Libya, Mediterranean July 23, 2019
- Amnesty International to hold its highest decision-making meeting in Johannesburg July 23, 2019
- FORBES WOMAN AFRICA Announces First Regional Forum in Rwanda July 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation launches first ‘Merck Foundation Health Media Training’ and Media and Fashion Awards in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi to break infertility stigma in the country July 23, 2019
- First Reception Centre for Victims of Trafficking Opens in Niger July 23, 2019
- UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops July 23, 2019
- IOM Launches Quality Control Centre in Nairobi July 23, 2019
- Boko Haram conflict causing misery to millions 10 years on July 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others