The Ogun state governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed plans by his administration to have a world class ranch that would be created through the Public Private Partnership.
Prince Abiodun who disclosed this in his office while receiving a team from Irish Dairy Milk who were in the state to discuss how best they could set up their manufacturing plant in the state, said that his administration was glad about the opportunity the agricultural sector brings to the table, adding that agriculture being one of the biggest pillars of his administration could help boost the internally generated revenue of his government and also help reduce the rate of employment.
Abiodun also added that aside that his administration was looking at agriculture, it was also looking at livestock, saying that he believed the proximity of Ogun state to other states could aid the state to feed other states.
” We are very excited by the opportunity that the agricultural sector presents, the agricultural sector is one of our biggest pillars, agriculture for us, we see it as one of our biggest pillars because not only do we believe that through agriculture we can employ our youths, we can guarantee food security, we can also generate revenue.
” At this point in time in this country, their is a lot of discuss on cattle rearing, cattle ranching, for us in Ogun state , beside the fact that we are looking at agric as a sector, we are looking at livestock as well, we believe that our proximity to other states gives us the advantage of being able to feed them as well via poultry, so we are actually looking at how to set up our own ranches to be owned by the Public Private Partnership (PPP),” he said.
Abiodun however opined that he would be glad if the state could actualize its dream of having a cattle ranch that would aid it to continue to serve as market for Lagos state.
” Noting will delight us in these state than to have our ranches, because even the cattle market that Lagos depends on is right here in our state and we’ve being discussing in the last one week how to ensure that we actually have a proper ranch, properly organized ranch and an abatior that will be world class, ” he said.
The governor while appreciating the gesture of the company to set up their manufacturing plant in the state, assured them that the state was ready and prepared to join hands with them, adding that the state would be more than happy to give them whatever support that would be requires.
In his remarks, the Chief Executive Officer, Irish Diary Milk, Global, Samir Boudjada who noted that they choose the state because of its proximity to Lagos state, added that the state was strategically relevant and had passed all tests.
” This is the ultimate state for us, the feedback is really positive and we are looking forward to being part of this private partnership and creating jobs in Nigeria.
” This is the gateway state close to Lagos and you know when you are sighting a factory, you need certain parameters, we need a seaport that we can send out our goods,so, Ogun state is strategically relevant to the business of these nature and we didn’t a mistake, Ogun State has passed all tests,” he said.
The Irish milk team had Abiodun Olelo, Samir Boudjada, Rudney Wade and Olu Uwen Robert at the meeting.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS