The gubernatorial candidate of the African Democratic Party (ADC) in the last governorship election in Ogun State, Chief Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI), has said he and his larger political family, the Believe Movement have “total confidence that the present administration in the State is taking the State to a higher pedestal”.
According to Nasir, although he contested under the ADC, he cannot speak for the party and its direction in the present political arrangement.
Isiaka who spoke after leading his political movement on a visit to Governor Dapo Abiodun in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, said with what is on ground, the administration was moving in the right direction.
Said he, “I am not ADC. I only contested on the platform of the ADC. But I am a very strong member of the ADC. ADC has its national and statement chairmen but I have come because I led a political movements into ADC some months ago, So, I have come here on the platform of that movement”
He added, that “majority of us are ADC but we are not here to talk about the ADC because ADC has its own procedure of going about things. Let me assure you that positive things between the relationship of the Believe Movement and the APC will happen soon”.
Those who came with the three-time governorship candidate are stalwarts of different opposition parties in the state. Among them are former State chairman of the PDP, Chief Joju Fadairo; all the three ADC members in the State House of Assembly – Adegoke Olusesis Adeyanju) Egbado North I; Aruna Lawal (Egbado North II) and Jemili Akingbade (Imeko/Afon).
Other are a former commissioner for women affairs in the state, Chief Mrs Mary Ogunjobi and Mr. Yemi Sodimu, broadcaster and former Special Adviser on Information under Otunba Gbenga Daniel.
GNI said: “We came to see our Governor as a way of moving our relationship forward. We had interactions with our people all over the State and they mandated us to come and talk with our Governor. All the areas that needed clarification, we have gotten them. So we need to go back to them and within the next couple of days, the full outcome of this meeting would be made to the public.
“We are very confident because the morning shows the night from what we have seen in five months. If we have not seen positive signs, we probably would not have graduated our relationship. I have come with the leadership of my political structure all across the state. This is to signify the fact that we are very confident and happy the way government is going about putting the State in a greater scale”, he said.
The ADC chieftain noted that there positive things happening between the Believe Movement and the State Chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC), adding that it was not for him to say exactly what because his movement needed to report back to the people that sent them.
Lagos State Task Force Assault and Teargas Journalist
Fly better on Emirates and discover dazzling Dubai
Friends, Political Associates of Akeredolu’s Cabinet Members Appointed As Sen. Ajayi Borofice’s Aides
WIMBIZ recorded more than 2,000 attendees for the two-day conference
THE HUMILIATION OF THE VILLA FIEND
Cover Of The Week
- Ecobank signs up to The United Nations Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Responsible Banking November 13, 2019
- U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and African Development Bank partner to Support Development in Africa November 13, 2019
- WHO prequalifies Ebola vaccine, paving the way for its use in high-risk countries November 13, 2019
- U.S. provides Financing to Tetra4 to develop Energy Infrastructure in South Africa November 13, 2019
- Continental championship Rugby Africa Cup 2020 season starts with new spectator experience November 13, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ethiopia Rolls Out Community-Based Planning for Displacement Affected Communities in Somali Region November 12, 2019
- In the Face of Uncertainty, Residents of Aweil Remain Hopeful of Unity November 12, 2019
- Water Systems Completed in Uganda Refugee Settlements with European Union (EU), United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) Support November 12, 2019
- USA Supports Ghana to Advance and Strengthen Community-level Health Service Delivery November 12, 2019
- Africa Investment Forum: Family businesses - an underestimated economic driving force November 12, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today