The gubernatorial candidate of the African Democratic Party (ADC) in the last governorship election in Ogun State, Chief Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI), has said he and his larger political family, the Believe Movement have “total confidence that the present administration in the State is taking the State to a higher pedestal”.
According to Nasir, although he contested under the ADC, he cannot speak for the party and its direction in the present political arrangement.
Isiaka who spoke after leading his political movement on a visit to Governor Dapo Abiodun in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, said with what is on ground, the administration was moving in the right direction.
Said he, “I am not ADC. I only contested on the platform of the ADC. But I am a very strong member of the ADC. ADC has its national and statement chairmen but I have come because I led a political movements into ADC some months ago, So, I have come here on the platform of that movement”
He added, that “majority of us are ADC but we are not here to talk about the ADC because ADC has its own procedure of going about things. Let me assure you that positive things between the relationship of the Believe Movement and the APC will happen soon”.
Those who came with the three-time governorship candidate are stalwarts of different opposition parties in the state. Among them are former State chairman of the PDP, Chief Joju Fadairo; all the three ADC members in the State House of Assembly – Adegoke Olusesis Adeyanju) Egbado North I; Aruna Lawal (Egbado North II) and Jemili Akingbade (Imeko/Afon).
Other are a former commissioner for women affairs in the state, Chief Mrs Mary Ogunjobi and Mr. Yemi Sodimu, broadcaster and former Special Adviser on Information under Otunba Gbenga Daniel.
GNI said: “We came to see our Governor as a way of moving our relationship forward. We had interactions with our people all over the State and they mandated us to come and talk with our Governor. All the areas that needed clarification, we have gotten them. So we need to go back to them and within the next couple of days, the full outcome of this meeting would be made to the public.
“We are very confident because the morning shows the night from what we have seen in five months. If we have not seen positive signs, we probably would not have graduated our relationship. I have come with the leadership of my political structure all across the state. This is to signify the fact that we are very confident and happy the way government is going about putting the State in a greater scale”, he said.
The ADC chieftain noted that there positive things happening between the Believe Movement and the State Chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC), adding that it was not for him to say exactly what because his movement needed to report back to the people that sent them.
Cover Of The Week
- European Investment Bank and UNICEF partner to help improve access to quality education and protect children from climate change January 27, 2020
- Handover ceremony of Japanese-Funded project “The Project for Improvement for the Educational Environment at Manhanga Primary School in Kariba District” January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks in recovery mode with Sydney looming January 27, 2020
- The U.S. Government and Federal Government of Somalia announce a New Effort to Promote Youth Workforce Development January 27, 2020
- The East African Community (EAC) - Business and Investment Forum – 12-13 March 2020, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania January 27, 2020
- Global Actors gather to forge a common front against Illicit Trade January 27, 2020
- United Nations (UN) Report Urges Accountability for Libya Airstrike Deaths January 27, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea joins support to Saudi Arabia’s readiness to react to Coronavirus’ impact on oil market January 27, 2020
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) Statement on continued violations of arms embargo in Libya January 27, 2020
- Rugby Union returns to Nigerian National Sports Festival January 27, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria