Sadly, Neymar has been ruled out of Wednesday’s Champions League tie against Barcelona after failing to recover from a thigh problem in time.
Neymar, 29, has been sidelined since picking up the injury in the French Cup win over second-division side Caen on Feb. 10.
The Brazillian international returned to light training a few days ago, but PSG confirmed Tuesday that this week’s second leg against Barca in the round of 16 of the Champions League comes too soon.
“It’s not a decision, it’s that Neymar cannot play,” PSG manager Mauricio Pochettino said at his pre match news conference. “It’s a reality, a fact, not a decision. He’s unable to compete at the moment.
“He’s made a huge effort to be back for this game, but not just for this game, to be back as soon as possible. He’s working hard.
“It’s a shame, because he was excited about playing this game, but he’s also excited about playing for PSG and helping us achieve our objectives in all competitions. Hopefully he’s fit soon to help the team. It’s difficult because he hoped to be back but he still needs a few more days.”
Cover Of The Week
- The UBA Africa Conversations 2021: Join Africa's Global Leaders - President Kagame of Rwanda, WTO's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, UBA's Tony O. Elumelu, WHO's Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, IFC's Makhtar Sop Diop, to Celebrate Africa Day at the UBA Africa Conversations 2021 May 18, 2021
- De-risking the World's Future Growth Engine: African Trade Insurance (ATI) joins The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business May 18, 2021
- Dates and new qualification pathway confirmed as Rugby World Cup Sevens 2022 looks to inspire a new generation of rugby fans May 18, 2021
- CORRECTION: Kingdom of Lesotho Faces Worldwide Enforcement Action Following 50 million Euros Damages Award May 18, 2021
- Vertiv Introduces New Plug-and-Play Micro Data Center System for Edge Computing in Europe, Middle East and Africa May 18, 2021
- Team Qhubeka ASSOS partners up with On May 18, 2021
- Wenger: We want to give every player a chance May 18, 2021
- Youth are Africa's best asset; invest in them - African Development Bank President Adesina May 18, 2021
- Total's Mozambique LNG Project to take center stage at the France Africa Economic summit May 18, 2021
- Novartis reaches milestone delivery of 1 billion courses of antimalarial treatment May 18, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?