The absence of Patience Jonathan from the inauguration ceremony of President Muhammadu Buhari has raised different questions among Nigerians.
Mrs Jonathan, unlike other wives of Nigerian leaders was conspicuously absent from the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Many have said that Mrs Jonathan who was last seen with her husband at the inauguration dinner which heldThursday night had through her body language showed her displeasure over her husband’s outster by the current President as she never looked at the direction of President Buhari who shared the same high-table with her throughout the dinner.
However, report revealed that it took the intervention of friends and family for the ousted First Lady to have agreed to follow her husband to the dinner. Her reason, according to a presidency source was that she may not be able to control her emotion as it’s painful giving up power just after one term in office.
The source further disclosed that Mrs Jonathan broke down in tears after the dinner last night and that could have been responsible for her absence from Friday’s inauguration as Mr. Jonathan may not want a repeat of the Thursday-dinner episode.
Another presidency source has however debunked the rumour that the former First Lady could not attend the inauguration because she was emotionally down. The source who pleaded not to be mentioned said ” Mama Peace has an important event to attend in Otuoke, their country home. You don’t expect her to attend the inauguration when people are waiting for her arrival back home. She is not aggrieved over anything and she is not the only First lady who could not attend the inauguration. Her attendance is highly insignificant. I don’t know why you, press people are trying to make something out of that.”
Meanwhile, Nigerians at different places have condemned her absence, saying that even though she has the right to stay away from any major event she is not directly involved, her absence at the inauguration communicates volume as to her grudge for the new administration of President Buhari and his wife whom she said she would work with and show direction
– Daily Post
Cover Of The Week
- The UBA Africa Conversations 2021: Join Africa's Global Leaders - President Kagame of Rwanda, WTO's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, UBA's Tony O. Elumelu, WHO's Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, IFC's Makhtar Sop Diop, to Celebrate Africa Day at the UBA Africa Conversations 2021 May 18, 2021
- De-risking the World's Future Growth Engine: African Trade Insurance (ATI) joins The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business May 18, 2021
- Dates and new qualification pathway confirmed as Rugby World Cup Sevens 2022 looks to inspire a new generation of rugby fans May 18, 2021
- CORRECTION: Kingdom of Lesotho Faces Worldwide Enforcement Action Following 50 million Euros Damages Award May 18, 2021
- Vertiv Introduces New Plug-and-Play Micro Data Center System for Edge Computing in Europe, Middle East and Africa May 18, 2021
- Team Qhubeka ASSOS partners up with On May 18, 2021
- Wenger: We want to give every player a chance May 18, 2021
- Youth are Africa's best asset; invest in them - African Development Bank President Adesina May 18, 2021
- Total's Mozambique LNG Project to take center stage at the France Africa Economic summit May 18, 2021
- Novartis reaches milestone delivery of 1 billion courses of antimalarial treatment May 18, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?