2019 edition of the 2 days freestyle football championship held at the Balmoral Convention centre has come to an end as winners emerges in both male and female category.
In the male category Benjamin John emerged as the National champion winning prize of N500,000 Naira, an all expense paid trip to the Red Bull World event in Miami, while Austin Abaribote and Blessing Ezeakubudu as second and third respectively.
Augustina Unamba emerged as winner in the female category, as Blessing Faith and Evelyn Okafor got the second and third place respectively.
Last year winner of the African Freestyle Football Championship Abdoul Titi Kone of Ivory Coast defeated Yousef Aiman Riesco of Egypt to clinch the title for the second time in a row with a grand prize of $3000.
In the African female category, Nigerian Evelyn Okafor defeated Hadhar Mohammed of Tanzania in the finals for the $2000 grand prize.
The first edition of the freestyle football championship was held in 2017 with the purpose of creating a platform for talented Africans to showcase their skills and ultimately exploit the global appeal of freestyle football.
The Chairman of Feet ‘n’ Tricks, organiser of the event Valentine Ozigbo expressed his satisfaction by the level of turnout of guest at the event. He said “Today’s event marks the beginning of yet another remarkable moment for the Feet ‘N’ Tricks team, the WFFA, our freestylers and sponsors. Having done this since 2017, the turn out this year is an affirmation on the significant level of awareness and appreciation freestyle football has earned in Nigeria and Africa.”
In attendance was the World Freestyle Football Association (WFFA) president, Dan Wood, and top footballers and entertainers like John Fashanu, Victor Ikepba, Broda Shagi, Raybekah, Joeboy, Tonto Dike, Bobrisky, Williams Uchemba, Nigeria Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick amongst many others.
The event which was anchored by popular street dancer Poco Lee, superstar hypeman Shody alongside beauty entrepreneur Ifuennada who thrilled the guest with their fascinating dance steps.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus: UNICEF Malawi COVID-19 Situation Report (9 to 15 July 2020) July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 53 labs activated for COVID-19 testing in Nigeria July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: European Investment Bank (EIB) approves € 16.6 billion for COVID-19 health response and economic resilience, climate, clean transport, energy and housing July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Employment and Labour on critical role played by entities during Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update (15 July 2020) July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (14 July 2020) July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa will need a lot of energy to power its COVID-19 recovery, says Vera Songwe July 15, 2020
- Niger: The African Development Bank enhances food security for nine million people (report) July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (15th July 2020) July 15, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (15 July 2020) July 15, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education1 month ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries