Member representing Ikeja Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives, Hon. James Abiodun Faleke, has reacted to the verification exercise conducted on Saturday in Kogi West, to recall Senator Dino Melaye.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had on Saturday, conducted a verification exercise in 552 out of the 560 polling units in the seven local government areas that make up Kogi West.
Despite the fact that Melaye was being admitted at the intensive care unit of the National Hospital and also placed on arrest by the Nigerian Police; the exercise in Kogi West was said to have witnessed a low turnout.
Aside the apathy that marred the exercise, officials of INEC were also said to have witnessed protests from electorate in some council areas, who said they were surprised to find their names and purported signatures on the said recall register.
As at the close of the exercise on Saturday, no polling unit was said to have recorded 50 per cent verified signatures of the total names on the register.
Reacting to the seemingly failed exercise, Hon. Faleke, who was the deputy to the Governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the 2016 election in Kogi, late Abubakar Audu; carpeted Governor Yahaha Bello of not being popular in Kogi state.
Faleke, who took to his verified Twitter handle, wrote, “The recall project has failed. The people won. The outcome today is not just about Dino but the open rejection of the Yahaha Bello led state government.
“Even in detention, @dino_melaye defeated them. Clear sign that Yahaha Bello is very unpopular in Kogi state”
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria