Yuletide: Gov Abiodun calls for moderate celebrations
Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State has appealed to the people of the state to celebrate Christmas with moderation and extend hand of fellowship to the poor among them
Abiodun made the appeal at the Christmas Carol and Service of Nine Lessons held on Thursday evening at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta.
He said the season calls for joyful celebration, people should make moderation their watchword.
“The last two years have been turbulent in the state, country and the whole world. Events made it look like the world was coming to an end. We should count ourselves lucky to be alive and be thankful to God.
“It is a month to be graceful to God for sparing our lives. Please celebrate with care and share with the less privileged, and the joy of the season will continue to radiate in our lives”, the governor said.
He stressed that his administration would continue to deliver dividends of democracy through transformational projects such as roads, security, transportation, health among others.
The governor said that the Gateway City Gate at Sagamu Interchange which serves as icon that represents the state has been completed and ready for commissioning just as other legacy projects that have been completed or ongoing in other parts of the state.
Abiodun, who promised to turn around the fortune of the state for good, added that his administration would continue to provide affordable housing, quality health care services and conducive business environment for more investment opportunities to berth in Ogun.
He, however, noted that the rate of COVID-19 infection in the state was on the rise, appealing to those who are yet to be vaccinated to do so.
He also urged the people to continue to observe the safety protocols by wearing their face masks, wash their hands frequently and avoid crowded places.
In his sermon titled, “Emmanuel”, the General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, declared that with God, the country would overcome its present challenges since God is in control.
Adeboye who took his texts from Matthew 1:18-23, stressed that “when God arises, no problem can persist”, assuring that Nigeria’s present challenges would be a thing of the past in the New Year.
Cover Of The Week
- Employment and Labour on Teboho Maruping resuming his duties as Unemployment Insurance Fund Commissioner January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Uganda: MPs approve Budget Framework Paper in readiness for FY 2022/23 Budget January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Consultant Moreea discusses progress of Hepatitis C treatment with Prime Minister January 28, 2022
- Tropical Storm Ana Hits hard five countries in the Southern Africa Region January 28, 2022
- UN delegation held meeting with Foreign Minister and Presidential Advisor January 28, 2022
- President Kenyatta's Meeting With Top Security Chiefs January 28, 2022
- Africities summit places urban-rural linkages at the heart of the debate January 28, 2022
- Qatar Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire Lays Foundation Stone for Health Centre, Mosque Project in Cote d'Ivoire January 28, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society2 months ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment