Interestingly, Zenith Bank Plc, Nigeria’s leading financial institution has emerged as the Best Bank in Nigeria in the recently released Global Finance Magazine World’s Best Banks Awards 2020.
The awards, which was published in the May 2020 edition of the Global Finance Magazine was based on the performances of the banks in their respective regions and countries over the period from January 1 to December 31, 2019.
Global Finance’s “World’s Best Banks Awards” are recognized among the world’s most influential banking/finance and corporate professionals as the most coveted and credible awards in the banking industry, with winners chosen in more than 150 countries across Africa, Asia-Pacific, Central & Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, North America and Western Europe.
Founded in 1987, Global Finance regularly selects the top performers among banks and other providers of financial services and the awards have become a trusted standard of excellence for the global financial community.
Commenting on the recognition, the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive of Zenith Bank, Mr Ebenezer Onyeagwu said that “this award is a clear demonstration of the bank’s market leadership, occasioned by our superior product offerings, best-in-class service and top-of-the-range technology which create value for our teeming customers.”
Zenith Bank has clearly distinguished itself in the Nigerian financial services industry through superior service quality, unique customer experience and sound financial indices. The bank, with a knack for setting the pace and raising benchmarks is a clear leader in the digital space with several firsts in the deployment of innovative products, solutions and an assortment of alternative channels that ensure convenience, speed and safety of transactions.
As a testament to its resilience and market leadership, Zenith Bank announced an impressive result for the year ended December 31, 2019, with profit after tax (PAT) of N208.8 billion, achieving the feat as the first Nigerian Bank to cross the N200 billion mark. In the recently released Q1 2020 unaudited financial results, the bank also recorded an improved result over the corresponding period in 2019, with gross earnings rising by 6% to N166.8 billion and profit before tax (PAT) growing 3% to N58.8 billion.
Consistent with this superlative performance and in recognition of its track record of exceptional performance, Zenith Bank was ranked as the Best Commercial Bank in Nigeria 2019 by the World Finance and the Best Digital Bank in Nigeria 2019 by Agusto & Co. The bank was also voted as Bank of the Year and Best Bank in Retail Banking at the 2019 BusinessDay Banks and other Financial Institutions (BAFI) Awards. Most recently, the bank was recognized as the Most Valuable Banking Brand in Nigeria for the third consecutive year, in the Banker Magazine “Top 500 Banking Brands 2020” and the Bank of the Decade (People’s Choice) at the ThisDay Awards 2020.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: CS Kagwe tours Makueni as Covid-19 rise to 8,528 Makueni July 8, 2020 July 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: COVID-19 Update as of 8 July 2020 July 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (8th July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kenya is 8528 July 8, 2020
- Global leaders to address International Labour Organization (ILO) Virtual Global Summit on COVID-19 and the World of Work July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus – South Africa: Transport Committee says Taxi Industry issues understandable and resolvable July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Libya: Speech by Foreign Minister Heiko Maas on Libya at the UN Security Council (Video conference) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (7 July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County (8th July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Al Ain Finance selects Temenos SaaS to remotely deploy Corporate Banking Solution during Covid-19 July 8, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Prince Ned Nwoko Poses With His Wives