The South West U-13 and the South-South U-15 football teams have emerged winners
of the national finals of the Zenith Bank/NFF U-13, U-15 Future Eagles Tournament held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State at the weekend.
South-West U-13 Team thrashed North Central U-13 Team, 5 – 0, to emerge winners of the U-13 category, while South-South U-15 Team defeated South-East U-15 Team, 2 – 0, to emerge winners of the U-15 category.
The tournament, which was staged at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium and saw the best of youth football in the country on display, featured a total of 252 players who were drawn from the six geo-political zones in the country, with each zone presenting one team each for the U-13 and the U-15 categories.
Speaking on the tournament, the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Ebenezer Onyeagwu, said that it was important for the participants at the competition to be at their best, as the career of every footballer starts at this stage when they learn the basics of the game. He expressed happiness at the abundance of talents
being discovered through the tournament, adding that the bank will continue to partner
the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) to develop grassroots football in the country.
The Zenith Bank/NFF U-13, U-15 Future Eagles Championship is an initiative of the
NFF in partnership with Zenith Bank to support developmental football in Nigeria and
raise future stars for the various age-grade football competitions and the senior men’s
football team, the Super Eagles.
At the 2019 U-17 African Cup of Nations held in Tanzania recently, eight players from
the Zenith Bank/NFF Future Eagles project represented Nigeria at the competition.
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe ready to host & showcase itself at sustainable development forum: Minister January 21, 2020
- Declaration by the High Representative Josep Borrell on behalf of the EU on South Sudan January 21, 2020
- Du Plessis, Davids to add speed to Blitzboks team January 21, 2020
- Keynote Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina at the UK-Africa Investment Summit, “Sustainable Infrastructure Forum” January 21, 2020
- Accelerating innovation to attain Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 January 21, 2020
- Chinese Ambassador to Kenya Wu Peng attended Chinese New Year Gala January 21, 2020
- 71st Republic Day of India January 21, 2020
- Health should not be a privilege for the rich—the right to health belongs to everyone January 21, 2020
- Kobs Shine as Warriors Register First League Loss January 21, 2020
- Supply of healthcare kits by the Italian Cooperation in Niger January 21, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria