The South West U-13 and the South-South U-15 football teams have emerged winners
of the national finals of the Zenith Bank/NFF U-13, U-15 Future Eagles Tournament held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State at the weekend.
South-West U-13 Team thrashed North Central U-13 Team, 5 – 0, to emerge winners of the U-13 category, while South-South U-15 Team defeated South-East U-15 Team, 2 – 0, to emerge winners of the U-15 category.
The tournament, which was staged at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium and saw the best of youth football in the country on display, featured a total of 252 players who were drawn from the six geo-political zones in the country, with each zone presenting one team each for the U-13 and the U-15 categories.
Speaking on the tournament, the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Ebenezer Onyeagwu, said that it was important for the participants at the competition to be at their best, as the career of every footballer starts at this stage when they learn the basics of the game. He expressed happiness at the abundance of talents
being discovered through the tournament, adding that the bank will continue to partner
the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) to develop grassroots football in the country.
The Zenith Bank/NFF U-13, U-15 Future Eagles Championship is an initiative of the
NFF in partnership with Zenith Bank to support developmental football in Nigeria and
raise future stars for the various age-grade football competitions and the senior men’s
football team, the Super Eagles.
At the 2019 U-17 African Cup of Nations held in Tanzania recently, eight players from
the Zenith Bank/NFF Future Eagles project represented Nigeria at the competition.
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .