Africa Prudential Plc, a leading share registration and investor services firm has partnered with the International Co-operative Alliance-Africa (ICA) to deploy technology solutions for a more efficient administration of co-operatives and thrift societies across Africa. The commitment was made public at the 12th African Ministerial Co-operative Conference which was held on October 2 to 5, 2018 in Abuja, Nigeria.
The theme for this year’s conference centred on leveraging the recently signed African Continent Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Agreement. According to the World Co-operative Monitor, the Co-operative bodies provide jobs to the 10 percent of the World’s employed population and generate a towering USD2.1 trillion annual gross turn-over.
Chairman of Africa Prudential Plc, Chief (Mrs.) Eniola Fadayomi, while addressing dignitaries at the conference, noted that Africans need to take the lead in solving the continent’s problem through greater collaborations among countries and the Co-operative Movement. She emphasised that among other benefits, the AfCFTA will create opportunities for greater bargaining power and employment creation on the continent; ultimately reducing the vulnerability of Africa to global shocks. “When we consider the current contribution of the Co-operative sector to economic development in the respective countries on the continent, its role in actualising the objectives of the AfCFTA becomes even more prominent”, she noted.
The Managing Director/CEO of Africa Prudential Plc, Mr. Obong Idiong also noted in his recommendations on technology inclusion in cooperative management, that the company has long recognised the strategic relevance of Cooperatives to economic development across Africa, and that it has been partnering both with Alliance-Africa, and the Co-operative Federation of Nigeria (CFN). “We currently have more than 500,000 cooperators activated on our cooperative manager solution—EasyCoop—which offers end-to-end financial management and member administration, and with a capacity for over 10,000,000 unique users” he explained.
While delivering his Keynote Address, Nigeria’s Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, who was represented by the Honourable Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh confirmed that Cooperatives hold a strategic responsibility in the implementation of the county’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
WED Show the largest wedding event of 2019 confirmed to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel
Obasanjo, experts meet on Population in Africa
Dbanj gifts producer multi-million naira brand new Range Rover SUV
‘We have raised over N1Million for Baba suwe’s treatment’ – Yomi Fabiyi
‘President Buhari’s death punishment for ballot snatchers is constitutional’ – Festus Keyamo
Cover Of The Week
- USD $1.5 million results-based grants for solar home system companies launched in Malawi to increase energy access February 20, 2019
- Visit of Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs David Hale to Cote d’Ivoire February 20, 2019
- Joint Statement on Escalating Conflict in South Sudan February 20, 2019
- Urgent support needed to respond to Humanitarian Needs in Cameroon February 20, 2019
- Invitation to a press conference with Said Djinnit, UN Special Envoy for the Great Lakes region February 20, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Major General Zia Ur Rehman of Pakistan as Force Commander of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara February 20, 2019
- Climate research should inform development policies in Africa February 20, 2019
- Promoting cooperation on women, peace and security at country level and in multilateral organizations February 20, 2019
- Marriott Bonvoy kicks off Global Marketing Campaign to introduce New Travel Program February 20, 2019
- Annual Africa Shared Value Summit to be held in Nairobi February 20, 2019
Uncategorized5 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips5 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized5 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23