Former Anambra state governor cum PDP Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, says his son and daughter, who are graduates, currently don’t own cars because they do not have the money to buy one.
Obi disclosed this while speaking with his kinsmen in Agulu, Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State during a lecture organised in his honour by Agulu Peoples Assembly recently.
According to the former governor, many Nigerians who crave for luxury expect it to be given to them free of charge.
“I have two graduates who are working, a boy and a girl, and the two of them don’t own any car because they haven’t made enough money to buy a car. They were here for the Christmas, and I was talking to some people about them and the person said he saw my son and that he always jumps on buses and tricycles. Some people don’t like it that way. They believe I am rich and that my children should not be trekking, and that they should be provided cars. But I believe they do not have the money; so, they have to trek.
“Who will give them cars? is it me? My money is my own so, they should work for theirs.” he said
Yike releases new single ‘Holy Water’
8 trailer load of rice, 23 vehicles, others intercepted by Seme command
Video: Police arrest Don Jazzy’s boys DNA twins in Lekki
Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft ‘Anuli Peggy Onyema’ Acquired By Air Peace
ChinneyLove Eze Hosts Celebrities to Pre-Release Party of ‘Hire A Woman’ Movie (Exclusive Pictures)
Cover Of The Week
- Dr Jackie King wins prestigious Stockholm Water Prize March 21, 2019
- African countries can do better with improved fiscal policy, says Songwe March 21, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Completes the Last Review of Extended Credit Facility for Ghana March 21, 2019
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities reviews the Report of Senegal March 21, 2019
- WHO sending urgent health assistance after Cyclone Idai displaces thousands of people in Southern Africa March 20, 2019
- Africa Climate Week Signals Continent’s Huge Investment Opportunity March 20, 2019
- Cyclone Idai: UN allocates $20 million in emergency funding, as full extent of disaster continues to emerge March 20, 2019
- FAO and Ministry of Agriculture Formulating Future Scenarios 2050 of Livestock Production Systems March 20, 2019
- UK to provide extra £12 million in UK aid for survivors of Cyclone Idai March 20, 2019
- South Sudan’s Ministry of Petroleum Encourages Refiners and Traders to Take Part in Upcoming Crude Tenders March 20, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours